My Brother has a 55" LG 3D LED TV and I am trying to buy wireless headphones to go with it.

JoyL85

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:29 pm
I am wondering if I need to buy a particular "type" of wireless headphone or if I can buy anything at all. I only want wireless. In his office, this TV is pretty far away from where he works at his desk, oh, he can see it, but he can't "hear" it and I wanted to get him some wireless headphones that I know will work. This TV will hook up to just about anything I know but I am just asking to be on the safe side.

I've noticed that alot of these wireless headphones come with a transmitter and I am not sure what this is for or if I need to buy headphones that also include a transmitter??? We use Direct TV and he has some kind of small speaker hooked up to it now but he'd like some headphones to watch and listen to TV with. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm at a loss and want to buy the right thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 03:59 pm
@JoyL85,
Now, there are TVs which respond to voice commands (SMART TVs); a two-way headphone set may be useful.
Be aware of headphones which can interfere with devices such as your remote control, phones, gaming devices, etc.
So YES, you need a particular type of headphone. I'd go to a high-end specialty store to find out all you need to know. Then look to the internet to find the proper price of such models before you buy.
Good luck.
0 Replies