What do you want me to say?

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:49 am
As I was typing a response to hobit's thread on the Shroud of Turin, a voice comes out of nowhere and says, "....what do you want me to say. Type anything."

Can anyone explain that? and, no, It wasn't God. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,222 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:52 am
I have had the experience of hearing my name spoken, in the voice of my grandmother, who has been dead these ten years and more. The brain is a funny old place, and memories rattle around in the most alarming fashion. I had no doubt whatever at the time i heard that voice (i've heard this more than once) that it came from within. Being unable to provide an detailed, expert physiological explanation does not lead me to believe that she is trying to contact me from beyond the grave.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:53 am
No Letty, It wasn't God, or even Santa Claus. It was an ad for some software that adds voice to websites. My new speaker system is very powerful, and the first time I heard it, it scared the hell out of me. Now I have the lady in the ad saying some very nasty things! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:54 am
What do you want me to say comes from one of the ads - somethingPal. I've run into her a few times. I always have to remember to turn off the speakers if I a2k at work, because of her.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:55 am
We usually filter out all audio ads, but some aren't labelled as audio ads (like the sitepal ads) and get through.

I generally always leave sound off.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:58 am
I turned her into a hot and horny little be-itch.

"What would you like me to say? Type anything."

Talk about an open invitation!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
yep, i tried her out yesterday!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:02 pm
Set, I'll have to tell you about my brother's experience one day.

Gawd, Phoenix. You are funny. Thank you for making me sane.

Craven, it was the timing that was unbelievable. The Shroud of Turin update? Whoa!

Thanks all. Click. Off go the speakers!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:03 pm
Just last night, the sitepal lady told me to kill...killl...killllll.....
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:04 pm
Sorry, she's not my TYPE.

Reminds me of a time a while back that I had left the TV on in the living room while I worked on the computer in the bedroom late at night. It was about 2 am and the TV was playing a movie that had a very long period of silence and I had forgotten it was on. All of a sudden a voice from the next room, said, "HELLO?"
I was startled to say the least. Just as I was figuring out it was the TV, the TV said, very insistently, "I SAID, HELLO!!!!"
Freaked me out. I don't remember if I answered the TV or not.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:04 pm
Letty, you think you were freaked out? My sound system has a sub-woofer....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:06 pm
Actually, after I saw this thread, I went to the site. It is pretty amazing, the technology. The little quiz on "The Discovery Channel", given by "Einstein" is adorable!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:10 pm
Sitepal's a bit of a disappointment to me. Their technology is actually really simple but they lead you on. It's just a flash animation with a text reader.

When it's applied to the AI engine that I use for Alicia Waggery it's a lot more interesting, thing is that's not their technology, they just put a nice flash front end on things.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:11 pm
Hey, all. When your sprinkler system sounds like Satan, what do you expect?

Cav, woofers and tweeters and loud loud sounds. Razz
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
System at work has no speakers.

System at home filters ads.

What voices?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
Letty just gave me a good idea for a schlock horror flick: "The Sprinkler"....just when you thought it was safe to water the lawn.... Of course, it would definitely be a sprinkler posessed by Satan. Pure brilliance.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:38 pm
Hey, Seal. We've determined that it was an ad that solicits seals for coats. Smile

I think we've got it figured out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:44 pm
Cav the clever. Go for it Canajun! Sequel: The Dollar Weed's Revenge
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 06:51 pm
Cav, you're cracking me up! Laughing
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:51 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Letty just gave me a good idea for a schlock horror flick: "The Sprinkler"....just when you thought it was safe to water the lawn.... Of course, it would definitely be a sprinkler posessed by Satan. Pure brilliance.

The brilliance cam in that it was possessed by Satan. If I had made that film, I would have left that out, and the whole movie would have flopped.

In russia I taught an english class, and the students were having difficulty understanding the difference between "a" and "the." So finally I used the example, "If you say a movie is A bomb, it was awful, but if you say a movie is THE bomb, then it is was excellent." They became even more confused. *Sigh* I taught some horrible things to my english classes. Like making up states that don't exist on a test.
0 Replies