How many books

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:42 am
How many books do you estimate you've read in your lifetime ?

Do you think it's important to participate in an ongoing reading program your entire life ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:36 am
about 700 to 800 at a guess.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:51 am
Maybe a thousand. Don't know.

Ongoing reading program? Don't be daft. Just read. Don't know what to read, ask someone's opinion, ask for recommedations, ask your librarian.

Words in a line... where would we be without them?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:53 am
There's a good word in there somewhere.

The last couple of years I've fallen off the reading thing, though I used to read a lot. Haven't really enjoyed a book since Up In the Old Hotel -- about three years ago now.

Reading's good, but so's going out and doing stuff. (Sitting around rotting in front of the computer like this is not, I'd venture. Me fat, lazy ass...)
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 07:02 am
That's a good question. I've never thought about how many books I've read. I was a bookworm from the time I was in junior high school till my mid-20's. Only in the past fifteen years have I gotten back into reading books. I used to love Oprah's book club. I read many of those books. If I had to guess, I would say I've probably read 250 or so books.

I think reading is definately important. As much as I enjoy the internet, it's still a wonderful feeling to read a really good book...no matter what type it is. I prefer biographies of politicians... successful people... movie stars; crime novels (Patricia Cornwell, Ann Rule); and anything by Stephen King.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 07:03 am
Where'd you get those sunglasses, doglover?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 07:39 am
A guess at least 1,000. I can go through a book pretty quickly. I love to read and never thought of joining a reading group. I read for the simple pleasure of it. I even read like this when I was a teenager. I enjoy almost any type of book except those romance type novels.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 10:07 am
Linkat wrote:
I enjoy almost any type of book except those romance type novels.

Ditto.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 10:33 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Better question gus is...Where'd you get that face? Mr. Green

Actually, I used that pic as my avatar because I don't want anyone from A2K to recognize me on the street and beat the living crap out of me!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 10:37 am
Linkat wrote:
I enjoy almost any type of book except those romance type novels.

Those romance novels are the worst. The people (primarily women I would assume) who read them are, IMO, not very edumacted and in severe need of loving.

Remember Fabio who used to grace the covers of so many of those trashy novels? I wonder what ever happened to him. He's so 80's with that hair. LOL
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 10:38 am
doglover wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Better question gus is...Where'd you get that face? Mr. Green

Actually, I used that pic as my avatar because I don't want anyone from A2K to recognize me on the street and beat the living crap out of me!

Not a chance. Don't you know we love you! :wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:20 am
Last I heard of Fabio, he'd had a collision with some sort of bird on a roller-coaster. Good stuff, that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:23 am
My Mrs keep track of the pages that she reads per year:
2003 = 29,000 something
2002 = 32,000 something
we were just talking about this Monday - me I'm at maybe 1000 for books
newspapers and magazines is a lot larger number and webpages is skyhigh.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:24 am
I think Fabio does photos for a butter substitute product.

Re books: A lot, I guess, but I was an English major and somehow still like to read despite that fact...
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:42 am
thousands - novels, art books, autobiographies, travel, reference - I'm a bookworm,
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:50 am
Oh my gosh patiodog I completely forgot about that, but I do remember hearing about the bird incident.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
The video of him at the end of the ride is hysterical. (Poor fabio, but I'd laugh if it was my grandmother, too.)
0 Replies

-andrea-

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 02:46 pm
Hmm the other days I counted the books on my shelf out of broedom and there were about 50 I've read. Most of them were read in the last year.
0 Replies