Dolphins Ban Incognito For Threats and Racial Slurs Against Teammates

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 01:48 am
Dolphins ban Incognito for threats, racist slurs against teammate

By Bart Hubbuch

November 4, 2013 | 9:28am

Richie Incognito (68) was suspended indefinitely by the Miami Dolphins over bullying charges.

Richie Incognito’s career in Miami is over and his NFL career in general could soon suffer the same fate after ugly details of his bullying of teammate Jonathan Martin emerged Monday.

In a fast-moving series of events, Incognito was suspended indefinitely by the Dolphins late Sunday night and then told he would never play for them again Monday morning after Martin gave the NFL copies of profane and racist text messages and voice mails Incognito had sent him last April.

Martin, a second-year offensive tackle, abruptly left the team last week because of what he said was relentless bullying from Incognito, who has long been known as one of the NFL’s dirtiest and most unpopular players.

According to the transcript of a voice mail Incognito left last spring that was obtained by ESPN, Incognito tried to humiliate Martin with racial epithets and vile sexual references.

“Hey, wassup, you half n—– piece of s—,” Incognito told Martin. “I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s— in your f—ing mouth. [I’m going to] slap your f—ing mouth. [I’m going to] slap your real mother across the face. F— you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you.”

Incognito is expected to vigorously defend himself against the suspension and fight any attempts to be released, according to a league source, but the Dolphins have decided to move on.

Though several of Incognito’s teammates on the Dolphins came to his defense after practice Monday, the 31-year-old lineman was roundly condemned by players on other teams and former players.

Retired Jets linebacker Bart Scott blistered Incognito in an interview with ESPN’s New York City affiliate Monday, revealing he took a swing at Incognito after a game as a member of the Ravens because of the lineman’s awful behavior.

Scott implied Incognito uses steroids and called him “a fake tough guy” who was “one of the dirtiest — if not the dirtiest — player I’ve ever played against.”

“[When I played him while I was] on the Ravens, I just couldn’t take it anymore,” Scott told the station. “After the game, he tried to shake my hand and I swung at him and he ran like the coward that he really is. … Like most bullies are when confronted by a real man, he didn’t want no parts of it.”

But several of Incognito’s teammates on the Dolphins defended him, with wide receiver Mike Wallace telling Miami reporters: “I love Richie.”

“I think he’s a great guy,” Wallace added.

Miami cornerback Will Davis agreed with Wallace, then took it a step further by calling Incognito one of the most popular players in the entire locker room — a claim backed up by Incognito’s membership on the Dolphins’ six-player “leadership council” that is selected by a locker-room vote.

“Richie’s a funny guy,” Davis told reporters. “Everybody loves him.”

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin was on the defensive Monday in his first press conference since Incognito’s belated suspension was announced, and he deferred most questions to the NFL’s ongoing investigation.

Philbin, who is in his second season, declined comment when asked specifically if he was aware of the extent of Incognito’s bullying before Martin turned over the texts and voice mails Monday.

“I will tell you that if the [NFL’s] review shows that this is not a safe atmosphere, I will take whatever measures are necessary to ensure that it is,” Philbin said. “I have that obligation to the players that I coach on a daily basis.”

Martin had told the Dolphins he doesn’t plan to return as long as Incognito is still on the team.

Incognito has been a problem child throughout his college and pro careers, getting kicked out of Nebraska and Oregon for numerous anger-related incidents before the Rams drafted him in the third round in 2005.

Incognito blossomed into Pro Bowl starter in St. Louis but incurred nearly $100,000 in NFL fines for dirty play and was eventually released in 2009 after head-butting two Titans players in a game and then fighting on the sidelines with then-coach Steve Spagnuolo.

Incognito was thought to have turned his life and career around in Miami, drawing just one league fine in three-plus seasons ($10,000 for a late hit) and getting voted to the team’s leadership council.

But an NFC general manager told The Post on Monday Incognito will have a difficult time catching on elsewhere if the details of his bullying of Martin are confirmed.

“I think he’s done — period,” the executive said. “That’s some really ugly stuff [in the transcripts]. He’s just not worth the trouble.”

NYPost.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,838 • Replies: 19
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 03:55 am
@Miller,
He seems to be sick in the head; even worse than JTT.
Thay r going to put him on Ignore.
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 10:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
His weight of more than 300 pounds suggests to me that they should put him on a diet.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 12:34 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
His weight of more than 300 pounds
suggests to me that they should put him on a diet.
Is that cruel & unusual punishment ?
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 05:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I see him as a sociopthic nut who will descend into further madness and will, you watch, take up a weapon and kill someone . Hes a scary **** who needs to be given a lobotomy
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 05:15 am
@farmerman,

he claims the team asked him to toughen the rookie up, but he took it too far.

i agree he's a nutcase -- a big dangerous scary nutcase on 'roids...
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 05:35 am
@Region Philbis,
I was gonna comment on his Neanderthal brow. I was guessing that he was a juicer
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 06:26 am
@farmerman,
What 's that ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 06:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I see him as a sociopthic nut who will descend into further madness and will,
you watch, take up a weapon and kill someone.
I 'll not dispute u, farmer.
His hands might well be weapons, depending upon whom
and how thay r used.

What he did was both the product of mental ill health and it was stupid
to disgrace himself like that. I infer that he carries around a lot of inner rage.
He sprung a leak on this victim.

farmerman wrote:
Hes a scary **** who needs to be given a lobotomy
That 's a different controversy,
but I can see it as his genuine need (like food)
in the sense that if he does not get successfully cured,
then he might well get defensively killed by his next victim, if he is sufficiently well armed.

I 'm sure glad that he did not use any guns.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 06:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
he claims the team asked him to toughen the rookie up, but he took it too far.
That 's implausible (as if his threats 'd make the victim win more ball games),
but even if it were true, its not exculpatory.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 10:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Miller wrote:
His weight of more than 300 pounds
suggests to me that they should put him on a diet.
Is that cruel & unusual punishment ?

It is...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 04:30 am
Quote:
Incognito was investigated for 2012 molestation

Miami Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito was investigated last year for harassing a volunteer at
the Dolphins' annual golf tournament by allegedly molesting her with a golf club, according to
Aventura, Fla., police.

The original police report states that the alleged incident happened at the Turnberry Resort &
Club in Aventura, but no charges were ever filed against Incognito.

The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very
inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states the the female volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch
her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the
club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing,
saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by
emptying bottled water in her face."
(espn)
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 05:24 am
@Region Philbis,
Hes gonna have a few bad work days coming up. Is he married?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 06:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Hes gonna have a few bad work days coming up. Is he married?
Working ?
I thawt he was suspended from work.
Miller

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 10:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I thawt he was suspended from work.

He was suspended from work and now the whole world will know him as the "rain maker".
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 04:54 pm
Quote:
Incognito held meetings at strip club

Recently suspended guard Richie Incognito held meetings for fellow Miami Dolphins offensive linemen at a
South Florida strip club and would fine them if they didn't attend, according to a report.

The National Football Post, citing two sources, reported that Incognito expected the linemen to attend.
If they failed to show up, Incognito would fine them in the club's kangaroo court and mock them for not
being part of the group, one of the sources said.

"Richie wanted to set up Richie's world as a way for everybody to act," a team source told the National
Football Post. "Richie thinks everybody should act that way. He doesn't get that some guys aren't into that
behavior. Some guys don't want to constantly explain to their wife or girlfriend why they have to go to a
strip club."
(espn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 04:17 pm
Quote:
Jonathan Martin likely done with Fins

Offensive tackle Jonathan Martin wants to play in the NFL again but feels he cannot do it with
the Miami Dolphins and is likely done with football for the season, a source close to the player
told ESPN's Lisa Salters.

The 24-year-old Martin is relieved to be away from the team because the past season and a half
was unbearable for him, the source told ESPN.

Martin hated being picked on, so he tried to befriend teammates, according to the source.

Martin is expected to give his side eventually, but he wanted to create some time and space before
he does, the source said. He is with his family and is receiving medical treatment for an undisclosed
reason, according to the source.

On Sunday, suspended Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito deflected blame for many of his harsh
actions against Martin during an interview with Fox Sports and also accused his teammate of using
equally crass language, claiming that was the nature of their relationship.
(espn)
Miller

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2013 05:35 pm
@Region Philbis,
Martin was never a US Marine...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 05:12 am
Quote:
More allegations against Incognito

Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito and at least one other Dolphins player
mocked the ethnic background of a team staff member and made crude jokes about the
man's wife, according to a report in the National Football Post.

Sources tell ESPN that both the NFL and the Dolphins are aware of the allegations.

According to the report, Incognito would sometimes dress in garb from the staff member's
culture and make profane jokes about that culture, making the staff member uncomfortable.
(espn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 04:14 pm
Quote:
Richie Incognito: 'I was just venting'

Richie Incognito said he was just "venting" when he smashed his Ferrari with a baseball bat.

The embattled Incognito, the player at the center of the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal, already took responsiblity
for damaging his own car when Arizona police contacted him Thursday. Scottsdale police have closed the matter since
no crime was committed.

"Oh that was that was just me venting, that was self expression, that's a piece of art," Incognito told Fox 10 in Arizona.
"The happiest day of my life was when I got that car and now the second happiest day will be when I donate it to charity.
The Ferrari is a story unto itself, the Ferrari is one entity, but I will tell you this the Ferrari is going to be for sale through
my mission which is helping the brotherhood, whatever brotherhood it is."

A photo of Incognito's car showed the black Ferrari with several dents in its hood and a baseball bat in front of the vehicle.
A part of the bat also was lodged in the car's grille.
(espn)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1703342!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/incognito27n-6-web.jpg
0 Replies