Headphones don't work with youtube

roger

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 07:45 pm
My headphones work just fine with CDs and Windows Media Player, so I know they are functional, and so are the computer innards. I suspect I've made some little change in settings, but haven't a clue as to what it might be. Again, everything is fine except for youtube and possibly other videos.

By the way, has anyone set youtube for captions? Their opinions about what has been said is just hilarious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 13,717 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 08:56 pm
@roger,
Check to make sure you didn't accidentally mute the sound for youtube.

Here are some other ideas from the youtube help page:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/58132?hl=en

Quote:
No sound on videos

If you don't hear sound when playing a YouTube video, try these troubleshooting steps:

Adjust the volume on your computer and speakers.
Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the YouTube video player.
Restart your browser.
Try turning up the volume for other video players (like Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player).
If you still have no sound after completing the steps above, these additional tips may help:

Update your Flash Player to the latest version.
Allow third-party Flash content on your computer. Learn more by visiting Adobe’s help page.
Check any Antivirus and Firewall software to see if its blocking third-party Flash content.
roger

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 09:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Well, something certainly worked! Looks like I had the youtube volumn set at zero. Don't remember doing that, but that's no longer unusual.

Thanks a bunch.
0 Replies