5
   

Good is from God? Bad is the from the Devil?

 
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
No end to the variety of beliefs, Frank.
But as so often been succinctly noted, 'no more than one may be correct'
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:59 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

No end to the variety of beliefs, Frank.
But as so often been succinctly noted, 'no more than one may be correct'


And in many cases (not all) none may be correct.

Wish people would consider that!
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
And in many cases (not all) none may be correct.
That was Bertrand Russell's conclusion.
Doesn't that imply relativism?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:32 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
And in many cases (not all) none may be correct.
That was Bertrand Russell's conclusion.
Doesn't that imply relativism?


Not in any way!
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 02:48 pm
@neologist,
He was never the same after he got hit by that meatball.

http://undergroundcomixart.com/drawings/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3486&g2_serialNumber=6http://www.viewzone.com/zap2.gif
0 Replies
 
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:20 pm
@neologist,
Thanks for that, Neo. Seems these days more and more ipa's. All of 'em taste pretty good
vansdad
 
  1  
Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 09:58 pm
I believe it all comes from God. Similar to this passage:

Isaiah 45:7
King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:35 pm
@vansdad,
Try reading it in different translations to get a more realisic understsnding.
fresco
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:38 am
@neologist,
Quote:
But as so often been succinctly noted, 'no more than one may be correct'

Alas, quantum physics implies such simplistic logic has had its epistemological day with its adage "whatever can happen, does happen". The philosophical implication is that dichotomies based on the "law of the excluded middle", (such as right/wrong , good/evil etc) are always embedded in shifting dynamic social context.
0 Replies
 
vansdad
 
  0  
Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 07:39 pm
@neologist,
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/45-7.htm
Smileyrius
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 03:00 am
@vansdad,
Do you believe context is important in scripture?
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 09:28 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
By all generally accepted definitions, dale, God is omnipotent, i.e. all-powerful.
True

Quote:
This clearly implies that to God absolutely nothing can be impossible.
Exactly Andy the reason for my novel approach since, after all, "impossible" means can't be done. For instance She can't make herself both exist and not exist

Quote:
(Not so if you're speaking of a 'god' lower case.
To the contrary, I find Her awesome

Quote:
Your "She" seems to be one of those puny creatures residing on Mt. Olympus or Asgard or somewhere similar.)
Hardly puny; She is It, everything. The Universe is Her body and all the activity therein Her thinking. We are in effect Her brain cells
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 07:37 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Thanks for that, Neo. Seems these days more and more ipa's. All of 'em taste pretty good
We're a buncha hop heads
Dregs of the vat
Born in a barley oast
Never knowin where we're at
Of all the drunken hop heads
We were the first.
Fermented and plastered and
Burped all over the universe . . .
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:23 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
By all generally accepted definitions, dale, God is omnipotent, i.e. all-powerful.
True, Andy, true

Quote:
This clearly implies that to God absolutely nothing can be impossible.
It only implies that the humanoid has limited reasoning ability. It's much more logical to assume She can't do the impossible. So everything---She, It--is something that's possible

Quote:
(....lower case. Your "She" ... puny creatures....or somewhere similar.)
Vague feeling we've been here before, Andy
0 Replies
 
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:46 am
@neologist,
Once more Neo still again you've made my day
0 Replies
 
vansdad
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:52 pm
@Smileyrius,
I'm not sure what you mean but some passages are interesting all on their own
0 Replies
 
GorDie
 
  1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 06:10 pm
@Godisapoormanager,
Because it is arrogant not ignorant to be evil, it is good to destroy those idiots who continually deny higher morals.

also. I bet you do not even begin to understand the concept of the devil.

but the answer is arrogance justifies condemnation.
Krumple
 
  1  
Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:02 pm
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:

Because it is arrogant not ignorant to be evil, it is good to destroy those idiots who continually deny higher morals.

also. I bet you do not even begin to understand the concept of the devil.

but the answer is arrogance justifies condemnation.


Except for the part where god says

"I am the bringer of good unto myself, I am the bringer of evil."
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 12/04/2021 at 05:00:11