I like 'em both but I'm Bon Scott guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,076 • Replies: 21
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:28 am
Phew! Finally a thread that doesn't have anything to do with frozen embryos, circumcision, the war in Iraq, or creepy radical religious types....

Well, Bon Scott for me, but Johnson had some serious classic moments, for me, most notably Back in Black, and For Those About to Rock (full albums, not just the songs). I suppose if Bon had lived longer, he may have been the better singer, but we'll never know now. AC/DC rock!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:36 am
I LOVE AC/DC. Bon Scott. That whiny little pervert voice of his was amazing.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:39 am
Kicky said it, and said it well, too.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:39 am
I always wonder what he sounded like speaking! Did sing like that hurt? Holy Cow!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:42 am
Loved ac/dc

Btw, in India ac/dc meant men (or women) who swung both ways Wink
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:42 am
I was never a huge fan, but I had to respect what they were doing. Worked in a record store (c. 1980) and we used to play their stuff just to offend the boss. Bon Scott ruled. Motorhead also was good for this purpose...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
The ultimate garage band.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:10 am
I heard a rumor that Bon Scott was gay. Anyone else ever hear about that?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:12 am
Bon all the way, but both were good.

My parents frequent a French restaurant in Florida and often have seen Cliff Williams there.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 01:43 pm
Bon Scott had the attitude and the mystique needed in a badass frontman, but Brian has that unmistakable sound, that incredibly unique voice. Plus AC/DC's best stuff was with Brian Johnson.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:38 am
Child of the Light wrote:
Bon Scott had the attitude and the mystique needed in a badass frontman, but Brian has that unmistakable sound, that incredibly unique voice. Plus AC/DC's best stuff was with Brian Johnson.

I couldn't agree less. "Let There Be Rock", is a masterpiece.Better than Back In Black and no Brian Johnson era AC/DC ever matched that. IMO
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:46 am
BPB

I must tell you about they time they came to a school I taught in, in the western suburbs of Melbourne. This was many years ago, but they were well on the way to becoming famous then. They came into the staffroom & were remarkably SHY & quiet. Some of us tried to put them at their ease with coffee & conversation, but they seemed uncomfortable. But the concert! Loud & wild! Head banging boys! This was an all boys' school.). I still see photographs from that visit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 07:02 pm
MsOlga - Show us photos!

I like both scott and johnson. I loved kicky's description of scott's singing voice. I LOVE jailbreak '74, short and sweet as it is.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
I really like the album Back in Black. That album has some of the best work Angus has ever done. Between singers, Johnson's very, very good, but I like Bon the most. Johnson thrashed his voice to the point of sounding like a duck in the later albums. He's since gotten his sound back, but I don't really listen to the later stuff.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 10:08 pm
Yeah, gee I was so busy opining about the singers, I almost forgot to mention the greatness of Angus. What a f*cking spastic maniac. Great simple riffs, and the way he bobs when he plays. Doesn't it hurt his neck to do that for so long?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:05 am
littlek wrote:
MsOlga - Show us photos!

I like both scott and johnson. I loved kicky's description of scott's singing voice. I LOVE jailbreak '74, short and sweet as it is.

littlek

Unfortnately I don't personally have copies of the photographs. A professional photographer took them & I often see them reproduced in publications here & there. But I must say, they did not come across as super agro, anti-establishment souls in the staffroom! More like very gentle, placid & shy boys! How's that?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:31 pm
Yep,
Great simple riffs, and straight ahead blues based rock & roll leads. Angus was a little whirling dervish, and all along, he'd still be jamming on his guitar.

I know you didn't like the movie School of Rock, kicky, but they showed a small clip of Angus while he was possessed on stage. That was inspirational.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 06:27 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I couldn't agree less. "Let There Be Rock", is a masterpiece.Better than Back In Black and no Brian Johnson era AC/DC ever matched that. IMO

Nah, but it's useless to argue about it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 09:02 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Nah, but it's useless to argue about it.

Agreed. it's not a political thread after all :wink:
0 Replies