finding a job as a 55yr old diploma rn

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 12:24 pm
am planning on moving to another state, have worked f/t as an rn for 34 yrs...can't seem to get a job offer. am 55 yrs old, have a diploma. already have the license in the state for which i am applying. any suggestions? thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Sep, 2013 04:08 pm
@antoinette1,
I'm not a nurse (was a lab technologist for years, some years ago). The place I lived before where I do now had an apartment building across the street that housed nurses who temped for six months at a time, if I remember correctly. For them it was a good way to both travel and earn money. So, I'm guessing that such nurses, at least in the U.S., do cover some local jobs. But... our small city, being somewhat out of the way, had trouble getting medical professionals to move to it in the first place, so this is a two way street.

I've no advice except to try to find what you can in the way of nursing websites in your new state, including nursing blogs that might be relatively local.
0 Replies