Gold

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 02:51 pm
Does a corporation has the right to issue coins, that afterwards can be traded in the market? And if yes which factors do they determine their value beyond the weight and the quality of the gold?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,194 • Replies: 5
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 03:46 pm
You don't say which, out of the 196 countries in the world, the corporation is supposed to be in.

Antonio1986

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 11:00 am
@contrex,
Let's be more specific. We speak about an American company which claimes to have cut coins with Mandelas face (= President of South Africa). This company claims that he can pay on its own coins. Specifically the want to buy property of a friend and they are willing to give him 15 kilos of these coins worthing 500,000 euro.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 11:02 am
@Antonio1986,
Personally, I wouldn't touch them with a friggin' bargepole.

Are the buyers from Nigeria, by any chance?
Antonio1986

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 11:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
You know what it makes wander. They have already paid 300,000 in cash in advance.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 11:20 am
Considering Nelson Mandela hasn't been president of South Africa since 1999, I would be very sceptical of anything these people say. Sounds like a fraud. There is a lot you can find on Google by typing in "Mandela gold coin scam". Or just "Gold scam". I would check with a lawyer.

Quote:
Recently, I read an article about how Congo born, Dikembe Mutombo, an all-star NBA defender, was nicely scammed in a fake gold deal. Evidently, he and Houston based oil executive Kase Lawal were beguiled into believing that they could purchase around $30 million worth of the precious metal at a hugely discounted price to the prevailing global market price from dealers in the African country of Kenya.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page103855?oid=147729&sn=Detail&pid=102055

0 Replies