10 year anniversary of Kurt Cobain's suicide

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:06 pm
April 8, 2004, it will have been ten years since the death of Kurt Cobain. It doesn't seem that long. I loved his music, and think he should be up there with the legends of the past (Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, etc.) who left this world too early. Any comments on Cobain? Are there any legends I left out?

I can't believe it's been ten years!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,330 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:07 am
Hmm, I should find you the words to "Rock n Roll Heaven". It mentions Otis Redding and Jim Croce, but not Harry Chapin or the 3 from "American Pie" (Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper). Plus there's Michael Hutchence. You might also want to add Elvis as he wasn't exactly at the national lifespan average when he died.

Dunno if you'd call some of them legends, but they all died young. For a while there, it seemed like the only time you heard of a rock star's death was when it was unexpected, e. g. through drugs, suicide or some sort of accident. I think the first time I ever heard of a "natural" death of a rock star was Bill Haley dying of a heart attack.

Yeah, I also am having trouble believing it's been 10 years. Then again, I still can't believe I'm as old as I am. :-D
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:25 am
You know, i was slamming Courtney Love the other day, about being a junkie and not being able to get it together for her child and it just occured to me (duh!) that her husband did commit suicide and a little compassion is in order. Not much but a little.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:37 am
Personally, Courtney off drugs is almost as frightening as Courtney when she was a junkie. I figure Kurt just felt that suicide would be cheaper than divorce.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:51 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Personally, Courtney off drugs is almost as frightening as Courtney when she was a junkie. I figure Kurt just felt that suicide would be cheaper than divorce.

Laughing
0 Replies

Greenday

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
i don't think he suicided...
here's some proof

Cobain Case
Justice for Kurt

and many other websites
+ dead men don't pull triggers...

and as always... Peace, Love, Empathy
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

crazybiker

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:08 pm
No i thought he got murdered on April 8th... and plus my parents said "he did drugs and stuff..." Here is his Pic of doing a concert or something i dunno but here it is...

http://www.hotshotdigital.com/WellAlwaysRemember.2/KurtCobain.images/kurt2.jpg

but no you got the date wrong its On April 5, 1994: Kurt Cobain dies at the age of 27 but here is some of his biography but i copied off of some website of his death...

Cobain's body was found when an electrician visiting the house to install a security system went round the back of the house when no one answered the front door and peered through windows. He thought he saw a mannequin sprawled on the floor until he noticed a splotch of blood by Cobain's ear. When police broke down the door they found Cobain dead on the floor, a shotgun still pointed at his chin and on a nearby counter a suicide note written in red ink addressed to Love and the couples then 19 month old daughter Frances Bean.
0 Replies