Sending healing karma to 2packs

JPB

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:20 am
And, he's being released from the hospital soon (maybe today or tomorrow) and is heading home!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 08:42 am
That's good news.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 01:19 pm
@JPB,
Yippee Ki-yay!!!
superb news
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 11:08 am
@JPB,
Wonderful news!! Hope to see him here soon.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 11:12 am
He posted on FB that he arrived home last night. He'll be by soon.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 08:14 pm
I just saw this a bit ago....sorry it took so long.

I really liked the picture of all the hands...that is an excellent representation of this site, I saved it....there is also a cool looking braclet in the bottom left corner of the picture.

Thank you, for all the cards, I could never express how much they meant. I was a bit out of it of course, so my mom was reading off the names to me and I was saying who the people were, until some of your names came up, and I drew some blanks, so she would read the address....and it took a few seconds, but as soon as it clicked I knew who each one of you were after that. I felt like George Bailey {Wonderful Life}...I still do.

I recieved a huge amount of cards and letters, gifts etc...the top of my dresser is covered with all the mail, I finally got it all gathered together a few days ago, as I emptied out all of our bags and such and put them away. This huge amount, caused a great deal of questions to be thrown at me every few minutes, most of my nurses and even a few of the doctors thought I was someone famous...several asked it I was one of the Duck Dynasty guys....they really did when my cousin brought in a pillow with all 4 main guys on the cover. {cause you sound just like those guys} Honestly, the swamps and the people of Northern LA, are the same as the swamps and people of Southern MO.

The surgery was Aug 26th, and I didn't wake up til Sep 2nd, which is my sisters birthday, she {Stephanie} said it was the best birthday present she ever had....I don't think she was exaggerating....they brought her home from the hospital on my 7th birthday, and I've always felt the same way about her.

It's been a long hard road, that last bought of illness, really kicked my butt, but the worst has been behind me for a couple of months now, I look a lot different, but I don't feel any different {besides of course, feeling much better}. I'm no longer stuck in the house, and after the first of the year, I returned to work {as Mayor} and as my wife's handy man. It will still be a bit before I can do anything major.

Well I think this is the most I have written in quite a long time....I thank all of you again for the cards, thoughts, prayers, kind words...etc.

Stephen
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 08:32 pm
In the mid 90's or so, my wife and I stopped watching tv....as in sit-coms or dramas etc. We watched ER for a few seasons, and I watched Seinfeld some...and of course History, but other than that, it was rare...we usually just watched movies on HBO and the like...or I nearly always have music playing.....anyway, a month or so ago we started watching The Walking Dead. I'm not much for this whole zombie craze, seems every other movie is about zombies these days. But our daughter told us to watch it, so we gave it a try.

It's well made, and with the killing of zombies as the main plot, naturally the story is full of guns, crossbows, and a samauri/ninja sword...so I actually liked it. After we got all caught up on it, our daughter suggested Lost, which I had also heard of, being as popular as it was, hard not to. We finished the whole series two nights ago, and I've been reading trivia and other peoples thoughts about the series and that sort of thing. And I remembered there was a thread or two about the series here, so I came to see what some of you thought about the show.

Not to turn this into another "Lost" thread, but it will probably take me a few more days or even weeks to process everything, as I put together all the details, from memory, some are very tiny, of the series into perspective. All I will say about it was I really enjoyed the story, and I hope that Ben didn't have to wait too long.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 08:52 pm
Two-P!!

So good to see you, really, it's a joy, Mr.Mayor.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 09:38 pm
@2PacksAday,
Good to see you back around these parts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 09:46 pm
@2PacksAday,
somewhere in that pile there should be a few cards from people and places that mmmmm don't seem to make sense ... but they do ...

some long-distance travelling favours were called in

Very Happy

most fun a couple of people from work had been part of in a while
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 02:53:22