how do you communicate with someone who is depressed

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 08:41 am
I no I am deeply depressed & I don't no how to get away from it. I have wasted so many years being this way & I can't seem to get out of it. I am on medication for epilepsy, I don't no if that has any thing to do with it or not. I want to do so many things & I can't seem to be able to do it, my life is passing me by & I feel like I am stuck in one place & can't move. Does anyone else feel this or felt this way? Does anyone have any suggustions ? I have already gone to see a Dr. about it & they want to put me on more medication, I don't no what to do. The seizure medication I am on, already I have enough side affects. They are controlled by medication most of the time.

Kolyo

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 09:00 am
@maemandy,
maemandy wrote:

I want to do so many things & I can't seem to be able to do it, my life is passing me by & I feel like I am stuck in one place & can't move. Does anyone else feel this or felt this way? Does anyone have any suggustions ?

I was in a similar state a few weeks ago. I felt like I was spinning in circles and days were just slipping away from me.

Make a schedule for yourself and score yourself on how well you stick to it. The schedule should involve simple tasks: hygiene, meals, an hour of cleaning, exercise. If you have a goal for where you want to get in the future, think of an activity that will help you reach that goal and make that activity part of your schedule. Keep track of your score from week to week; you will be able to observe yourself making progress.
jespah

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:35 am
@Kolyo,
Nothing like the words of someone who's been there. I'm glad this method worked for you, Kolyo. I hope it helps others.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how do you communicate with someone who is depressed
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 08:47:54