I Am Doctor Gotz

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 08:40 pm
@JPB,
Well Dr Gotz and Finn are one in the same.

If you feel the need to ignore "Finn" so be it.

But thanks for the welcome back
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 09:00 pm
@engineer,
Not really.

Apparently, I was pretty effective at adopting a alternative personna. I did try to word my comments in a way that would not suggest Finn; without compromising the principles of Finn/Dr Gotz. It wasn't easy, but it was fun.

Frankly, I had to acknowledge the sort of rhetorcal tics and patterns of Finn that I would have to avoid as Dr. Gotz.

Interestingly (or otherwise) I knew that Finn rarely spell-checked and so Dr. Gotz always did. I also had to watch out for phrases that were typically "Finnian," such as "do doubt" and several others. A2K members are by no means fools and they are more than capable of identifying the sloppy duplicative identity.

I don't know if Dr Gotz can be described as an experiment as much as a challenge.

Could I respond essentially in agreement with Finn but garner completely different reactions?

Yes I could.

I wasn't trying to make a fool of anyone if anyone thinks so, I apologise and assure them that wasn't the case.

This is an intellectual playground and I like to play.

If anyone thinks they are going to one up me, I'm all good with that.

I appreciate that some members are here to post as they exist. I respect that but it's not me.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 09:01 pm
@JTT,
No, Coloradian, but he loved the USA.

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 09:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but he loved the USA.

I noticed that. I also noticed that he, like pretty much everyone else, is simply not prepared to face up to the truth.
engineer

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 07:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Could I respond essentially in agreement with Finn but garner completely different reactions?

I was wondering if that was where you were going. You certainly did get different responses. Do you think that was because of tone, spell checking and grammar or just because of a lack of familiarity and history?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:04 pm
@JTT,
Not granting you version of history represents the truth, but someone can appreciate that the US has as a nation done some pretty horrible things but still love it. If one only loves the perfect, one won't have much love in their life.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:09 pm
@engineer,
I think it was tone. Spelling and grammar had, in my opinion, nothing to do with it. They were employed for disguise. Dr. Gotz is less judgmental and more tolerant than Finn. He also seems, I'm sure, a lot more friendly.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:11 pm
BTW JTT, thanks for your welcome back too. I didn't mean to leave you out.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So tone then. I ask because I recently observed a regular who has a contentious relationship with many people make a couple of civil and on topic responses in a thread only to have others storm in, go completely off topic and attack.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I intend to respond more like the good doctor than my Finn persona, but who knows? Drugs have a way of finding all sorts of aspects of our personalities. Finn, Dr. Gotz…who knows who is next? Sweeny Agonistes is waiting in the wings.

In the end, it's just a forum for discussion; an intellectual playground.

My admitted fault has been, at times, to take it too personally. (Shame on me indeed)

Nothing Dr. Gotz has posted is an intellectually dishonest expression of what "I" think but it has all been an aspect, just as Finn or Sweeny Agonistes may be.

So good to be back home.

PS: Surely some of you suspected, and those who welcomed Dr. Gotz, I have great appreciation for your kindness and will not forget.

What a jackass I am.
I don't deem u so.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:56 pm
@engineer,
Yes, once one develops a personna, it's hard to break free of it. Assumptions are made based on prior judgments.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Its good 2 c u again, Find Abuzz.

In what do u have your doctorate ?

David
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Certitude.
0 Replies