Thin Again: Wardrobe Dilemma

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 06:15 pm
Oh no, cav. Something really first rate, I promise. There's a gourmet bakery near here that makes what they call a Mount St. Helen's cake (VERY thick, rich chocolate...it always sinks in the middle) topped with real whipped cream. It's guaranteed to put a few pounds on you. All you have to do is LOOK at it. I'll have them add some fresh sliced strawberries on the side. Unless you'd rather have raspberries.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 06:33 pm
If the raspberries are ultra-sweet then yes, if the strawberries are better, I'll go for those. I'm making strawberry sorbet for a dinner tomorrow....wickedly tasty, and no fat.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
A co-worker of mine would stay on a continuous loop of loosing weight, then gaining it back again. She had two closets full of very nice clothes. One for fat clothes and the other for skinny clothes.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:05 pm
Chef! One Mount St. Helen's cake with extra whipped cream and sliced strawberries for our hungry friend, Mr. Giacometti. Excellent choice, sir. Would you care to see a wine list?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:18 pm
No wine, sadly Eva, the liver needs to heal for a bit. However, if there are guests, I would suggest a nice ruby Port.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 10:19 pm
I'm sorry, cav. I should have remembered that. Just wanted to indulge you, that's all. Please forgive. And have a little more whipped cream, for God's sake. You're gonna blow away!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:30 pm
Mmm...extra whipped cream. That sounds good. The nice thing about being thin again and not drinking, I can pretty much eat what I want. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:07 am
Thanks, all for your opinions. I've bundled up my Really Fat (Obese) clothes for the Salvation Army. I don't ever want to be that heavy again and having a wardrobe ready to chew into would be enabling.

I'll make further decisions on a garment by garment basis as I slide from fat to chubby to thin. I'm partical to blue jeans with assorted ethnic for Sunday Go To Meeting. A lot of ethnic is one-size-fits-all which gives me a certain amount of flexibility.

When I die, "Portion Control" will be found engraved on my heart. Also:

Food will not solve the problem.

Obesity is endemic and I do not choose to gorge with the herd.

Extra weight HURTS--my back, my knees....

I haven't avoided any food--or food groups. I have a stash of candy in my supply closet and have learned to nibble it piece by piece. I refused to eat fake food: "Low fat" cheese or cookies or chocolate. "Low sugar baked goods or candy or jelly.

When it doesn't taste delicious, I stop eating. After a 15 months of common sense my restaurant doggie bags provide three or four meals of leftovers.

Etc. Theory is easy, but the devil is in the details and hell is full of fat sinners sizzling on the coals.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:16 am
Noddy, I've just dumped/donated two garbage bags of "i'll never be that big again / that won't be in style when i'm that size again / why did i save THAT", and am working on filling the third bag. I really like the idea of getting rid of the 'big girl' clothes. It's terrific incentive to keep the scale moving in a good direction.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:08 am
ehBeth--

I'm a great believer in the aura of clothing. The Salvation Army bag holds not only fabric, but the ponderous vibes of my Fat Time.

Getting rid of the Big Girl garments is a sort of purification--a graduation ceremony.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:40 am
incentive is a great assist to lifestyle change;
i always tell smokers to first discard the pack of cigs they have in their possession if they are serious, and go on from there....
and with weight, take a photo of yourself, stark naked in the 'before' state!
if that doesn't inspire you nothing will (but it's not worth going back, just to get the shot!).
Now if the gravitationally challenged could take the same route as the puff freaks, and discard all that XXXlarge drapery, they would lose those killos much much faster in order to 'cover up', but it just might not be considered 'socially acceptable'!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 04:53 pm
hmmmm, doesn't always work out that way, BoGoWo. I find that the smaller I get, the more I want to be covered up.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/08/2024 at 03:33:43