Major misprinted book, value???

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 08:28 am
I have a copy of "The Great Chicago Theater Disaster" Hard Cover, Average condition, 1904 first edition by Marshall Everett. It is a hand-me-down thru family. It is missing a total of 109 pages. There are no pages torn out, some pages are numbered in different areas, others for instance are; 69 the one side of a page and could be 74 on the other side and it continues normally a while, then in one area there are 60 pages missing, a couple areas of 10 pages missing, and 4 pages missing, quite a few of one page missings. I guess the question I have for you; is there any value in this book as it is?

Thank for you time and interest,

Rich
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 884 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:21 am
I'd say no. Your's seems to be a printer's error.

I have bought every Hallmark Star Wars holiday ornament since they came out for my nephew, now 25. When he was around 10 he got the 3 miniature fighters and looked at them and said they were made wrong. They were corrected in later production and I don't know if the originals are worth anything. But that's an example of a design and production error.
polilrichkid

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:34 am
@PUNKEY,
This why I ask. I want to learn.

Thanks for your reply,

Rich
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:25 pm
@polilrichkid,
Quote:
It is missing a total of 109 pages

The missing pages are risible in value, nay virtually priceless, whereas the rest of the book is not worth the ink that the missing pages may or may not be typed on, I'll be bound.

Got any Gutenberg Bibles with missing pages?
0 Replies