Free speech/expression and CVS.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:18 pm

He murdered a few people.
For that, we can kill him,
but we don't need to get mad at him. I 'd rather not.

David
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:20 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The cover glorified the bomber. Without question.

Nonsense it just show him as he was/is a fairly normal and good looking young man and the very normal even attractive looks is part of who he happen to be.

Sadly he also the kind of person that can placed a bomb next to an eight years old and killed that child and two others and harm hundreds of others.

The article itself did not glorified him in any way or in any manner.
JPB

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:34 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The cover glorified the bomber. Without question.

Sure there's a question. 51% said it did, which means 49% had at least a question that it didn't.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 07:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

Zimmerman killed someone. I guess you can kill him too.

Enjoy yourself.
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

EhBeth I am sorry your seems not to be able to understand the concept that killing someone is not always murdering someone as in Zimmerman did killed Trayvon but by a jury verdict and commonsense he did not murder Trayvon.

The two brothers murder and as well as killing four people three by the bombs and one police officer with a firearm.

Surely you have the intellectual ability to understand the above or do you?

Let get this as simple as possible with the example that a lot of people millions likely including some US presidents had killed any numbers of people but they had murder no one while serving in our military.

Others such as Zimmerman had killed in self defense but likewise they had murder no one.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:05 pm
@ehBeth,
My lord ehBeth here I was feeling very sorry for your lack of intellect for not understanding the difference between killing and murder and then found to my amazement/shock that four others at least seems to have the same lack of simple understanding by giving you votes up.

Can we really have so many low IQ members on this website!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

DoctorGotz

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:27 pm
I get it why people are upset with Rolling Stone, but it's just a magazine and not a very good one. Banning the sale of one issue or refusing to buy one issue isn't going to hurt RS. The controversy has probably increased sales. The CVS ban of this issue isn't going to hurt their profits either. I don't think the bonuses of the CVS executives hinge on how many copies of RS are sold in their stores.

I don't buy the magazine, but if I did and one cover really bothered me the way this one will bother some, then I would just stop buying it and I don't believe I would think much about whether I was "boycotting" the thing.

I also don't think that a lot of the people who buy RS are going to stop now because of this cover. If any do, that’s their prerogative just like it's the prerogative of CVS to ban the issue from their stores

RS doesn't have a right to be sold in any chain of drugstores, and the editors knew they were playing with fire when they published this edition. If it hurts them financially, they have no one to blames but themselves. I’d be surprised if it does though.

The idea that there is a level of “common decency” that magazines and movies, tv shows and comedians won’t sink below no longer holds. The brasher the better these days. A lot of people either like it or are numb to it. Just imagine if a toilet paper company 30 years ago produced tv commercials featuring cute cartoon bear cubs with dingleberries.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:34 pm
@BillRM,
I don't think anyone has argued about the article, Bill.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:36 pm
@JPB,
Actually, 51% said the cover glorified his ACTIONS. I don't make that claim. It is a positive, attractive perspective of the bomber. Period. It glorifies that bomber.
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 08:49 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Actually, 51% said the cover glorified his ACTIONS. I don't make that claim. It is a positive, attractive perspective of the bomber. Period. It glorifies that bomber

So showing a picture of any attractive person man or woman as they happen to be is somehow or in someway glorifying their actions!!!!!!!

So all the pictures that was shown of Jodi Arias as a knock out woman is somehow glorifying her killing of her former boyfriend Travis Alexander?

We need to have courses at the high school level on logical thinking.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:10 pm
@Lash,
This seems analogous to when Newsweek altered the OJ Simpson photo to make him look more dangerous. Are you saying RS should have done that - modified the photo to make him look sinister? To me this is just a photo. It's the same photo that has been posted elsewhere. I don't have a problem if you don't want to buy the issue and since I have plenty of other outlets to purchase the photo, I really don't have an issue with CVS deciding not to sell it, but it all seems overblown to me. I'd have been more concerned it RS had altered the photo to make it sinister like the OJ photo.
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:23 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Are you saying RS should have done that - modified the photo to make him look sinister?

I think the lady would had been happier if they have photo shop horns on the guy and make him look like...........

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfT5mH0RdrS2Cqcr5NPP-mDTnOa8BWWgblc8FrCuwLQ4q27N9NCA
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:51 pm
@ehBeth,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
Note that u omitted the part, Beth,
where I suggested that one does not bother to get mad at him.

ehBeth wrote:
U twisted what I said, Beth; shame on u!
Zimmy did not ` MURDER anyone. His killing was laudable.

ehBeth wrote:
Enjoy yourself.
There 's good advice,
which I shall, indeed, adopt, implement n execute.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 11:09 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Actually, 51% said the cover glorified his ACTIONS. I don't make that claim. It is a positive, attractive perspective of the bomber. Period. It glorifies that bomber.

And here I thought that USians loved the Rambo type.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 08:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Correct!
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 08:12 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
It's really that simple and, for me at least, has absolutely nothing whatever to do with moral rights or wrongs.

Not at all correct, Frank. It helps to spread the vicious US propaganda even farther. It's that vicious US propaganda that has caused you cowards to let your governments do thousands of Bostons, thousands of 9-11s all over the world.

You're contributing to that vicious propaganda with this post of yours, as was Merry Lustig Andrei Andrew.
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:08 am
@JTT,
Your rhetoric is sad. Do you think you make any converts here? Go away.
Lash

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 12:21 pm
@BillRM,
PERFECT!!! Meanwhile...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/louis-ck-daily-show_n_3639655.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037&ir=Politics
Louis CK talks about meeting Woody Allen, and says "**** Rolling Stone."
Really like Louis. (grin)
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 12:29 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Do you think you make any converts here? Go away.

You can't make converts out of brain washed doughheads, Frank.

Notice how everyone handles what I write compared to what others write. No one disputes it because it is indisputable. Now you too have taken the Frank Apisa route - deny deny deny, shoot the messenger, take any tangent that will divert the focus from the facts.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 12:45 pm
@JTT,
Sorry JTT, I just consider you mentally ill and read very few of your many postings as not every problem in the world past, current and future fold back onto the evil US.

I wonder when or even if you had already put forward the theory that evil CIA agents had gone back in a time machine to make sure Jesus was crucify.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:54:46