Morning decoction revisited

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:45 pm
In earlier thread, asked whether others suicidal before morn's first java, achieving only one response, "….of course.."; my fam doc however responding, "I never have heard of any such thing"

So (1) any other input appreciated

Today felt lousy all morn so at noon tried a large dose (6 x 100 mg) of 5-htp, whereupon an hour later I felt positively wonderful. In the meantime however my Better Half had called my attention to a cup of coffee I had forgotten upon arousal, whereupon I had unthinkingly downed it

So can't say which nostrum to credit

But (2) wondering in this connection whether you are as unsuccessful as I in the field of experimentation; somehow I'm always thwarted, seemingly can draw no conclusions whatever, alas alack

…...then when go to Google get 38,446,393 hits largely contradicting one another and confirming the long-ago observation of a scifi author, "Everything is 95 percent bullshit"

(Incidentally can you remember his name)

So (3) have you tried 5-htp and (a) if so how do you like it, although (b) are you aware of any serious side issues, while © can you recommend any other such elixirs and (d) why doesn't Mac recognize paren-c--close-paren or is it that I'm high

Thanks for wading through the trivial peregrinations of an apparent Bot

On another subject entirely (4) do you know for sure whether clove oil repeatedly applied to a worn tooth will eventually kill the nerve endings
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 501 • Replies: 9

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:49 pm
<note to self......must put visiting planet Zog on "to do" list>
dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 02:51 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy, you'd like it here
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 06:05 pm
@dalehileman,
Might be time to ask your doctor if some of the dementia medications would be a help to you.

If you are already on them, perhaps it is time for the dosage to be increased.

dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 09:36 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
...dementia medications would be a help to you
Trouble is, the Med Prof relies almost exclusively on prescrip meds, the most effective of which are the most costly and which incidentally and incongruously could have the most violent side effects

So But can you recommend any O-C meds that one might try
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 03:14 pm
@dalehileman,
My mom was on both Aricept and Namenda but developed a severe side effect on both when the dosage was increased so she is not on anything at the moment.

Before the dosage was increased, she tolerated the Aricept quite well. After the increase, she couldn't tolerate either one of them.

Aren't you on a Medicare plan that will cover the cost of your med?

Ginkgo biloba is the only over the counter med that I've heard about. Many people take ginkgo biloba to improve or preserve memory. But studies have not shown that ginkgo biloba helps improve memory loss or prevents dementia.

dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 04:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
My mom was on both Aricept and Namenda but…..
Thanks But, I'll look into those

Quote:
Aren't you on a Medicare…….?
Even after insurance PM's still cost a fortune compared to OC's, which ago unappreciated, and of course are more likely to have side effects

Quote:
Ginkgo biloba is the only over the counter med that I've heard about.
Yes I use that too but thanks

Quote:
…..But studies have not shown that ginkgo biloba helps improve memory loss or prevents dementia.
It is however supposed to enhance mood. I can't verify that however
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:26 am
@dalehileman,
Your tarot cards and crystal balls say that after morning decoctions you will see the doctors and the dentists.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 10:11 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Might be time to ask your doctor if some of the dementia medications would be a help to you.
I might be a trifle demented but the OP is concerned with nostrums for mood enhancement
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 10:14 am
@laughoutlood,
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Lood but as I said the doctors are hung up on PM's expensive and with all sorts of side effects while I'm wondering whether dementia meds primarily impact mood

……but how does my Friendly Local Dentist figure into mediary meds for moods
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Morning decoction revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:23:29