What are the consequences, of giving someone your email address and a copy from your passport?

rangers

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 07:04 am
I have given someone my email address and copy oy my passport.

I think i was a victim of a group posing as lawyers who have money tied up in Spain and you are the next of kin to someone who has died.

I am worried now that my email address and copy of my passport could be used to scam me within my personal accounts?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 07:10 am
@rangers,
Yep. That's a variation of the Nigerian prince scam. What are the consequences? Really?!

The perpetrators will (and most likely already have) stolen your identity and opened copious amounts of credit cards and loans and will not pay them back. You WILL be saddled with the unpaid bills as the credit mongers will try and get you to pay the unpaid loans and credit card bills. This will crush or kill your credit score.

They will possibly create fake passports and give them to criminals and/or terrorists allowing them to enter other countries 'legally' so they can further commit their criminal activities.

All this because you were gullible and unabashedly GREEDY.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 07:55 am
@rangers,
Inform both the Home Office AND your bank(s) of your silliness straight away, just in case attempts are made to obtain a new passport or application is made somewhere, using your disclosed documents.
Nowadays there are national computers that record these type of attempts and if your passport number has already been put "on alert", these buggers may be caught or thwarted or both.

If you ever give out personal details again, I shall smack your bottom.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are the consequences, of giving someone your email address and a copy from your passport?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:01:26