God isn't with everyone, but watches everyone???

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 11:02 am
I know that God is not with everyone. I have been told he isn't with the proud and sinners. If that is so, why does it say he watches over them and yet is not with them... what? I am confused!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 11
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 11:28 am
@nananananana,
nananananana wrote:

I know that God is not with everyone. I have been told he isn't with the proud and sinners. If that is so, why does it say he watches over them and yet is not with them... what? I am confused!

The whole thing doesn't make any sense at all.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 11:31 am
@nananananana,
Not all fables are based in logic. In fact, most are not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 11:35 am
@nananananana,
God is not with the "sinners?" What the hell was your boy Jesus up to? I guess he just kept bad company, huh?

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:16 pm
@nananananana,
Maybe it's a semantic issue Nana
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:26 pm
How do you know god is not with sinners? Ain't that the whole point? Take off, you hoser . . .

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:49 pm
@nananananana,
In the pantheistic view Nana, She is with and watches over

0 Replies

nananananana

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:55 pm
@nananananana,
Psalm 138 Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud.
^^ the worldly, rebellious, ect.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 01:29 pm
What about the collateral damage? Particularly the baby victims of bombs?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:18 pm
@nananananana,
Jesus said even the hairs on our heads are numbered. Sounds outrageous, does it not? I mean, why would something so insignificant be of importance to the person in charge of our incredibly complex cosmos? I submit perhaps his knowledge is much like the CPU of our computer. If you wish to see what's going on, there are ways, such as checking the task manager, and probably a few others one of our knowledgeable geeks can relate.

Well, some may say that not only is the cosmos intricate beyond imagination, but God is supposed to be a kazillion miles away. How could that work? The answer may be that we should not suppose we know all about the relation between mass, energy, time and space. To us, time may appear as a sequence of events. In reality, time may simply be.

And, if you are a Bible believer, recall that Jesus said "with God all things are possible". (Matthew 19:26)
rosborne979

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 03:57 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
And, if you are a Bible believer...

Therein lies the root of the problem.
neologist

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 04:06 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
neologist wrote:
And, if you are a Bible believer...