Training tool for lure coursing?

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:56 am
Can anyone help me finding worthy training tool for lure coursing.

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 03:02 am
@jamesbrown1857,
First, you must realise what danger you are in, coursing Lures.

If you use dogs to course them, then you should be Ok, but never be tempted to follow on horseback, as a cornered Lure has been known to bring horse and rider down with just one swipe.

I would recommend using Greyhound or Lurcher.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 03:10 am
I can attest to the force of Lordy's advice. When King Pellinore and i were hunting the Questing Beast, with a sound like thirty couple of hounds coming from it's belly, we happened to stumble upon a Lure which had gone to ground in an abandoned fox's earth. The Lure took down Pellinore's horse, and we barely escaped with our lives. Then, of course, we had to ride double back to the castle, which was very annoying because Pellinore kept tickling me, and laughing idiotically.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 05:31 am
I should count myself lucky, having read that.

I once came around a bend on a lonely track and encountered an adult male Lure, fresh out of hibernation. I was in musk at the time, and consequently trouserless.
Luckily, he was ferreting around in a cloudberry bush at that moment, and far too hungry to bother about me, but I learned a valuable lesson that day.
Never go into the forest without ones trousers.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:59 pm
I wonder if James ever caught that Lure?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Training tool for lure coursing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 04:53:14