On-line preachers, Are they any different than what you would find in a brick and mortar church ?

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 08:02 pm
As the title reads.... On-line preachers, Are they any different than what you would find in a brick and mortar church ?

If so please explain.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,469 • Replies: 4
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 08:08 pm
Well, I saw one youtube video of a "preacher" wearing, as I remember, a T shirt and coveralls, with a little fold-up pulpit that must have cost him all of $2.95, with possibly the stupidest denunciation of evolution I've ever heard. Three falsehoods in the first two minutes. Didn't look like online preaching enabled him to fleece the believers anywhere near as well as the brickandmortar-andfleet-of-Cadillac preachers.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 08:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Well, I saw one youtube video of a "preacher" wearing, as I remember, a T shirt and coveralls, with a little fold-up pulpit that must have cost him all of $2.95, with possibly the stupidest denunciation of evolution I've ever heard. Three falsehoods in the first two minutes. Didn't look like online preaching enabled him to fleece the believers anywhere near as well as the brickandmortar-andfleet-of-Cadillac preachers.

Are you suggesting that you would be more interested in a Cadillac type of preacher? If so what about a televangelist?

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 08:16 pm
Nope,I'm saying that they have more direct contact, which makes it easier for them to separate the credulous from their money.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 5 May, 2013 09:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Well said Jack.
0 Replies