Questions I hope Christians can answer, or simply make them think...

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:56 pm
This post is simply made to make people wonder if God (Christian`s God will be on focus but I think of them all), truly exists, and how it can be possible to explain such strange statements said in said "holy books". In no way do I deny the existence of A God, but I have these questions that I wonder how Christians or religious people make sense of... Its all in a honest philosophical sense of course, as religion itself is the least of the things life have given us, that can not be explained... By "mere" humans...

1. If God has existed for eternities, and one day created light.. Does that mean that he spent eternal eternities in total darkness? Poor guy... As a "mere human" bystander, I find this hard to believe, and even harder to explain, not to mention swallow... I mean poor fellow right?

2. If the first thing God created was light... Does that mean that voice was created by someone else before him? You cannot say "let there be light" in a world without voice... I mean of all creations, light was the first one? Am I right? Perhaps I got something wrong...

3. God had to sacrifice his son to defeat sin... What is sin? A energy that surpasses God? That in itself contradicts the fact that he claims to be omnipotent, I mean did A omnipotent being have to sacrifice his own son to defeat something non omnipotent? Or is Sin simply a stronger energy than god (notice that I used a big letter for Sin, and small for god, just for the... "effect")

4. So Jesus gave his life, to show that he was immortal? In such case, what did he really give? Not his life, after all his life is eternal... So God gave us Jesus`s life, for Jesus to prove, that he is immortal and cannot die to begin with? How can a immortal die? Well... from Jesus`s standpoint.. he cant... he can say he did... But the truly dead cannot claim to be alive can they? I mean did he have a spare life lying around? Or was it simply a magical "trick" similar to the "saw me in half and I come out whole"?

5. What did Jesus achieve by human standards? I mean did God simply command him to be born on earth to experience literally, legendary pain, and rise from the grave? Why would Jesus accept such a task? He could have asked his father why he (God), could have removed Sin himself... Now if God said "no son, because Sin is so powerful you need to suffer a lot"... Then again I wonder, is Sin mightier than God? Did Jesus only give us his suffer? I mean poor guy, but if it was his choice, by today`s pop culture "emo" is a word that pops in my mind as I think of what he went trough, and his attitude towards it. Still, poor young man, if he existed/exists that is.

6. The sentence, "I claim Jesus is real, because Jesus is kind", makes no more sense than "I claim Chamatulu is real, because Chamatulu is mad", sadly I find this sentence to be hypnotic, it is a sad sad situation where a book has to use hypnotic metaphors to convince people, is the voice of the (possibly) true God not enough?

7. "Gods ways are mysterious", yes, and if he exists his ways are far beyond our "puny" understanding, yet, that could of course mean that while Satan is out to make us suffer... God could be doing the same... I mean who can ask without getting the answer "Gods ways are mysterious".

8. Back to Jesus, did he ever ask his father why he would have to suffer as for God to remove Sin? (if God can), I mean its no sin in asking is there?

9. "Eat my flesh, and drink my blood, and you shall receive life eternal" Wine is the way to eternal life? Not to human experience... And no, they did NOT have the technology to make alcohol free wine at that time, in fact they had no way of even lowering it, sadly alcohol is a way to make people less "critical" and perhaps a way to make people believe what cannot truly be explained... (as for finding his flesh and eating it? Its not literal is it?) Then again, perhaps the way to God, requires one to release oneself from the chains of logic... as a spiritualist myself, I have wondered and attempted to accept this, yet I still cannot help myself but stop and ponder on all these questions... Some seem outright moronic for this "mere human" of course.

10. Finally, the one I find the most disturbing (rather than senseless as much above...), God gave us free will, but sends us to hell for using it to other than serving his will?

11 "Bonus questions": Jesus once took a donkey from a stable, and when asked if the donkey`s owner would get mad, Jesus simply replied that "god will help the donkey back"... Does that mean that its not stealing if I take something not mine and "trust God to deliver it back to its owner?"

Jesus killed a fig (I believe) tree by mere touch, because it refused to grow fruit... at WINTER! I mean does the son of God arrogantly expect the laws of nature to bend? Or was it sheer ignorance (again from the son of God?)

And many many more... of course I may be wrong in many of my statements... but I have read the bible seven times...

As for question number ten... if I followed that example thus:
"Do whatever you want, but if you do not do what I want, I will make you suffer." Why present the illusion of choice? Is our "free will" a "choice" we can grab if we wish eternal torment? I mean if I gave someone a gift and threatened to give them eternal suffer if they ever used it...

That would of course brand me evil no? But I was merely following the example of God... speaking of... Satan... did he envy his fathers power? Or did he say something like "When I grow up daddy, I want to be just like you!" I mean he could simply have been proud of his mighty father...

Who knows... No one on earth I believe.

As for closing words, I would like to share my view, and that is that we may just as well believe in what makes us feel comfortable, for as for the truth... We are all going to find out sooner or later... No need to rush by bombing and killing each other right? I believe in a greater being, but I think that people look and see God in everyone and everything, God may just perhaps... just perhaps, be inside us, all along, maybe we are not looking for God, but for ourself, our true self... (if these things are related, I wont claim anything, after all its simple philosophy.)

Ps: Philosophically, remember, I mean the bible can be as real as any holy book, and we humans are simply below the greater understanding... So while I do not believe in the bible, I surely believe the possibility that this can be real, and believe that anyone that believes its impossible, is simply arrogant and overrates human potential... Which may be as endless as the possibilities, ironically, I have no doubt that this quality does in no way make us the strongest, nor smartest lifeform/force in the universe.

Edit: Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you all understand the nature of my post, I just enjoy thinking, and hopefully so do you. Answers? Forget about the answers... If I offended anyone, well, I cannot offend you unless you want to, so its up to you... is it not? Again thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,807 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:56 am
@ShadowKnight,
truth is I was really hoping to see a Christian devoted enough to give me a answer, even if just a opinion or a way these things could have worked.

Instead all I see is that religion is all about believing in what you see fit, which is sad, considering I for years tried to follow the bible as accurately as possible, and reading it seven times simply left me with seven times the questions...

We wage wars over Gods we do not even listen to, we started crusades killing human beings over the whole world over a belief we cannot even follow ourselves...

Religion... please bitch... if God is real, we are all going to hell, if nothing else for not stoning our misbehaving children to death at the town square... as God demands from the elderly... but you readers missed that part too huh? Now then... If God is up there, I will gladly side with his nemesis, all in a non philosophical view this time... I mean I expected a Christian or two to at least defend their belief, but it seems they where hardly aware... Ironically it makes me the best Christian around, as I consider he may exist, and assure him that my fist will hit his Godly jaw right before I am sent to hell... with the rest of you, I mean killing is a sin that denies us access to heaven, yet not stoning children to death, now THAT is a command! We are all screwed... Holier than thou?

Namaste?

Amen?

0 Replies

ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:57 am
@ShadowKnight,
Finally I would like to quote Jack Nicholson for all so called Christians that read the "niceties" God and Jesus did, but ignore his tyrannical laws that contradict themselves, making the bible nothing more than a half assed morality guide:

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

But you cheer as your nation blow the **** out of non-believers... Maybe those bombs should be directed at you first... As believing halfways is not what YOUR (not mine), God demands... I mean it would be nice as pie if he asked, but he demands and threatens with eternal damnation suffering and agony for the ones that serve the "beast", and while Muslims, at least claim we are all born Muslims (a bit intrusive but...), Christians have trough the ages branded all non believers for Satanists... bitch please... Who follows the son, whose father said individual does not believe in?

Bomb the **** out of each other, but stop justifying your actions trough your false Gods.

Have a nice day. Wink
0 Replies