FOR WE WERE YOUNG AND SURE TO HAVE OUR WAY . . .

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:56 am
I don't see anyone here expressing hatred. Whatever floats your boat, though.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 05:23 am
When I was a kid I thought life's questions were automatically answered on growing up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 07:29 am
They're not ? ! ? ! ?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:39 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

They're not ? ! ? ! ?

It's worse than that -- when I was an adolescent I knew everything, certainly a lot more so than my parents. Now, at damn' close to 75, I'm not sure I know much of anything at all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 02:41 pm
Reminds me of Sam Clemens saying that when he was 16, he knew his father to be the most ignorant man alive, but when he was 21 he was astonished to see how much the old boy had learned in five years.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:50 am
The Boston Bombers were young and sure to have their way.

Angry young men (and, of late, women) arise in every generation, but in the past they expressed their youthful frustration and angst through wild fashions, hot music and fast methods of transportation.

Now, far too many of them see killing as cool and meaningful. The two Holy Grails of the young.

Many of us did entirely stupid things in our youth, and usually it was motivated by wanting to be cool and/or meaningful. It's natural.

Huge calories are going to be spent on determining why the younger brother did what he did, ignoring the fact that the older brother was, albeit swarthier, hardly an ancient.

It probably comes down to nothing more profound than a kid wanting to be noticed.

What a world we now live in when murder rather than leather jackets and long hair are the means to announce one's existence.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:37:24