Arizona's Bathroom Bill

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:26 pm
Apparently the good folks in Arizona are really, really concerned about transgender folk using the bathroom, so worried that they tried to pass a bill making it a class one misdemeanor with penalties up to a $2,500 fine and six months in jail for going into a bathroom that did not match the gender on your birth certificate. (As a father who has guarded the men's room door while my young daughter pulled an emergency pit stop, this seems particularly ludicrous.) After an outcry, they backed it off to make discrimination by businesses legal. I'm trying to picture how this plays out in real life. "Excuse me "lady" but you look like a guy. Do you have your birth certificate? Sorry, I need the long form birth certificate, not that short form version." It gives "birther" a whole, new meaning.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,297 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:40 pm
@engineer,

All restaurants playing this on their sound systems will be thrashed soundly.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:02 pm
Oh yeah . . . perfect thread sound track . . . Salute ! ! !
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:31 pm
Hi!

Wow crazy, everyone I know got a transgender son or daughter or close relative. Maybe it's world of warcraft. LOL!

//TooFriendly112
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 12:39 pm
@engineer,
I actually agree with you politically on this Engineer, but I think that the left is going to need to be very careful on this issue.

I live in Cambridge, MA... pretty much as liberal a place as you can get. I was at a breakfast with other parents, there was a discussion among the Cambridge "PTA" moms about how sharing a changing room with trans-gendered women made them uncomfortable.

This surprised me. I think this is an issue where liberals can lose votes.
0 Replies