14
   

I just want one damn cookie.

 
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:45 am
@hawkeye10,
bonus: problems that I dont blame the store for:

consistently under sized eggs

poultry having tons of water for no reason other than wanting to sell waste water at a few bucks a pound

whole chickens now come with a lot of fat for the same reason

boxes and bags massively under filled

packaging that is not strong enough to get the job done

pics of food on the package that dont even remotely look like the contents of package

blame store and supplier: old beer

roger
 
  1  
Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:47 am
@hawkeye10,
And, did you ever notice the exact brand and item you and everyone else just happens to want is on the lower shelves? The high margin, impulse items just happen to be right at eye level.
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:53 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

And, did you ever notice the exact brand and item you and everyone else just happens to want is on the lower shelves? The high margin, impulse items just happen to be right at eye level.


yep but I dont mind much. that these companies have made the shopping experience into a constant game of "gotcha" I do mind. It is a good thing for me that I am a socialist, because I would not want to have to try to defend this blatant hostility towards the buyer.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  2  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:22 am
@boomerang,
I made you a cookie, but I eated it.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:25 am
I don't want one cookie . . . i want two dozens cookies . . . and i'm going to eat 'em all right now!
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:35 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
poultry having tons of water for no reason other than wanting to sell waste water at a few bucks a pound

Hmm....

I disagree with this. The water does add weight and sodium, but it also improves the outcome of the bird when it's cooked. I haven't ended up with a dried-out turkey or chicken in years.
DrewDad
 
  1  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:37 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
boxes and bags massively under filled

I think this is a result of transporting the product. Fill a bag with the proper amount of cornflakes, and the bag is full. Gently shake the bag for a couple of minutes, and the product settles down to the bottom of the bag.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:44 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
boxes and bags massively under filled

I think this is a result of transporting the product. Fill a bag with the proper amount of cornflakes, and the bag is full. Gently shake the bag for a couple of minutes, and the product settles down to the bottom of the bag.

That is what they say but 20 years ago we used to be able to run the system so that the size of the package gave a good idea of the volume of the contents. Did we get dumb?
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 10:55 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
poultry having tons of water for no reason other than wanting to sell waste water at a few bucks a pound

Hmm....

I disagree with this. The water does add weight and sodium, but it also improves the outcome of the bird when it's cooked. I haven't ended up with a dried-out turkey or chicken in years.

If you want a heavily injected bird it should be like Draper Valley Farms where they shrink wrap the thing so that the water stays in the bird. You also need less water this way and don't get chicken water over everthing from the shelf to your frig because the bags don't leak.
0 Replies
 
IRFRANK
 
  2  
Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:19 pm
Don't you guys have delis and bakeries in your area?
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Fri 12 Apr, 2013 09:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
boxes and bags massively under filled

I think this is a result of transporting the product. Fill a bag with the proper amount of cornflakes, and the bag is full. Gently shake the bag for a couple of minutes, and the product settles down to the bottom of the bag.

That is what they say but 20 years ago we used to be able to run the system so that the size of the package gave a good idea of the volume of the contents. Did we get dumb?

The containers got large. Small container, small amount of air at the top. Big container, big amount of air at the top.
0 Replies
 
thecleedus01
 
  1  
Thu 20 Mar, 2014 01:10 am
@boomerang,
Guess what the same stands true for my grocery store as well. I don't get quality cookies there.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Where oh where are my wax beans? - Question by tsarstepan
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/11/2020 at 01:59:48