Makeup

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:53 pm
Well, you can keep it in mind for a day when you have someone who's chronically late, who you need to keep on time.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:55 pm
mac11 wrote:
I was a lipgloss-only lass myself until just recently. (And yes, I have my favorite kind stashed everywhere too.) Now that I have rosacea, my skin just looks awful. I've found a concealer/powder combination that helps without looking thick. My face is still quite pink, but at least the blotches are (mostly) undercover.

When I lived in the US, my HMO was Kaiser. I went to see a cosmetologist (I think) with them and she had rosacia. She recommended "Body and Soul" foundation. (That's what she used.) I tried it and found it quite good.

This is the stuff she recommended and used:

http://www.bodyandsoul.com/details.asp?ProdID=16
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:18 pm
Looks like good stuff, caprice. Thanks!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:01 pm
mac11: You're most welcome. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
The problem with the lying-about-the-time thing is that it only works two or three times, then they cotton to it. (She says, having tried to get Deaf friends to be at least a little bit on time... utterly futile. The funny part is when I meet a new Deaf friend and we each try to figure out whether when we say we will meet at 6, that means Deaf time [7 or so] or not. I used to go to regular meetings that were scheduled to start at something like 5:40 -- what that meant is that they hoped people would actually be there by 6.)
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:07 pm
Wow, sozobe, I'm deaf too! Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:01 am
Tell me more!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:40 am
I've had friends lie by 1/2 an hour to get me to places on time! Very Happy Another friend said to me "I've known you for over 20 years, don't change on me now", regarding my uhm..."fashionably late" habits. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:22 am
My mother told my uncle Christmas dinner would be an hour earlier than planned for about 20 years. Worked every year.

I've been doing it with one friend since about 1992. Of course, another friend told her that I'd left without her once, when she was late. She's got incentive. I know she'll be 45 minutes late, so I tell her things are scheduled an hour early. She now arrives as I'm getting the car ready. I'm happier, and she's happier cuz I don't get mad.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 06:58 am
Getting back to the make-up thing. I'm definately a believer in 'less is more'. A woman who wears a load of make-up is only making a rod for her own back, as the guy is gonna find out sometime or other (usually in the morning when it's been smeared all over the bed sheets).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 08:39 am
That reminds me of a joke from long ago:
A couple went back to his place to get intimate. She took off her dress and tossed it on the couch. Then her padded bra, her padded girdle, her high heels, her false eyelashes and finally her long, flowing wig. She jumped in the bed. He jumped on the couch.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Makeup
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:22:25