Makeup

SCoates

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:43 pm
As a guy, I must say that most girls look bad in makeup. The more the worse. There are some that look fine, but dark eyes are disgusting, and any visible signs of makeup are a turn off. Now I am curious to hear if there are any guys who agree with me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,453 • Replies: 50
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:44 pm
I'm not a guy, but I kind of agree with you. Maybe a little less extreme, but I think most women look better without makeup than with it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:20 pm
Depends. I was recently made up by a professional make-up artist (name-dropping like crazy, make-up artist to the stars), and she managed to just make me look like me, but more so. Or me, 10 years ago. Or me, after a nice relaxing beach vacation.

She put the artist in make-up artist, though, had a mind-boggling amount of STUFF, mixed this and that, it was a really complicated process. I think most people just don't really know how, or don't have the TIME. I sure as heck don't, to either (time, know-how.) I bought some lipgloss she recommended -- evidently I should be wearing more pink/warm, as opposed to the one berry/cool tube of lipstick I have -- and will maybe get some concealer she recommended, too. But usually, nada.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:28 pm
I enjoy makeup. Whenever I stop wearing it for awhile, I miss it. The morning ritual.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:15 am
You really don't want to see me without makeup! Sad
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:43 am
I'm finding that the older I get, the more I should wear stuff around my eyes, but at the same time, the less I should wear under my eyes (just below the lash, this is a part I'd normally put concealer on). I also don't look so hot in blush these days, I'm finding.

One thing, though, that everyone should wear (male and female) is sunscreen. You might also want to add chapstick or the like, as your lips can also become sunburned or windburned.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:45 am
Jes- I find lipstick very drying. I put a coat of Chapstick OVER my lipstick!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:54 am
I've always despised lipstick; I'm also a chapstick (or similar) user. My mother wouldn't go anywhere without lipstick but when it's on me I always look WAY too made up and like there's too much emphasis on my mouth. If I were lipstick at all (rarely, but I will wear it for something like a job interview), it's got to be really subtle.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:56 am
Haven't heard from any guys yet, huh? Laughing
I'm not much of a makeup kind of person, and I'm not good at applying it, anyway. In general, I don't usually have time to fuss with my appearance. What you see is what you get! Plain old me. I've always said I'm beautiful enough as it is! That's my excuse for being too lazy to bother! Also my excuse for never having had my ears pierced! Occasionally I will put some makeup on for a formal-type event. I particularly like mascara. But I couldn't live without my chapstick!
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 09:03 am
I once went and had my lashes done at Elizabeth Grady. (I had a gift certificate)! They do this thing where you have the look of mascara without the clumpy stuff. It lasts for months. It took about a 1/2 hour, and it kind of stung. I was lying there thinking, if I go blind from this, I'm going to sue the heck out of them. So I lay there thinking about the great trips I would be able to take when I'm living off my Elizabeth Grady lawsuit money! Then I realized, what good is money if I'm blind? I wouldn't be able to see to pick out the furniture for my luxurious new home, I wouldn't be able to see at all of my fabulous round-the-world vacations, I wouldn't even be able to read! So luckily, I came out of there with my vision intact! that procedure has since been outlawed in the state of MA!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 09:49 am
Never heard of that procedure, suzy, but it sounds awful! I'll stick with mascara, thankee. I once had my eyebrows dyed, but they turned out too dark. Thankfully, the dye didn't last long.

I think a lot of women look perfectly fine without makeup or with a bare minimum (particularly brunettes). However, I look completely washed out without it. Blonde complexion, thin blonde eyebrows & eyelashes, light eyes. Without makeup, I am a blank canvas...no color at all.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 09:58 am
Wow, really suzy. I had no idea that tinting eyelashes ect was banned anywhere.

I have a friend who is very blond, her eyebrow and lashes are invisible. She get her's dyed all the time. Whenever she does though, for about two days, she looks like the grouch with big black brows. We have great fun asking her why she's so mad. he he

I wear mascara and lip balm, pretty much it. I have to wear mascara or my eyelashes turn around into my eyes, so I use it kind of like eyelash glue.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:08 am
We have about 4 tubes of Burt's Bees lipbalm floating around for easy access -- one in my purse, one in the bathroom, one downstairs, one in E.G.'s briefcase. Dry winters, and that stuff rocks.

http://www.onepassionplace.com/images/burtsnewlip.jpg
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:12 am
Re: Makeup
SCoates wrote:
Now I am curious to hear if there are any guys who agree with me.

Yup. IMO, less is more. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:38 am
ok, i know you already know - but i'm addicted to dr. pepper lipgloss. i have tubes of it everywhere - car, purse, desk, dog-walking pouch, medicine cabinet ...
i sometimes put some pecan fudge tinted vitamin E lip balm under it.

Most days, that is it for me in terms of make-up (if lip gloss is make-up)

If I'm all fired-up for a big event, I'll go to false eyelashes, eye-liner, some blush, and brightish lipstick under my dr. pepper lip gloss. I can't even imagine doing the whole foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss routine. I don't think I've ever done the whole schmeer. Not even for Hallowe'en.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:42 am
I was a lipgloss-only lass myself until just recently. (And yes, I have my favorite kind stashed everywhere too.) Now that I have rosacea, my skin just looks awful. I've found a concealer/powder combination that helps without looking thick. My face is still quite pink, but at least the blotches are (mostly) undercover.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:46 am
My favorite product is MAC tinted moisturizer, which also has a sunscreen in it. Takes care of all the basics. That, a swoosh of mascara for invisible lashes, lipgloss, and I'm ready to go.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:02 am
The real trick is making yourself look natural, but better. The aim is not a "made-up" look, but smoother skin, evened-out skin tones, better defined features.

Every man I've ever asked (those I've known well) has preferred seeing me with make-up. Many were shocked when they found out how much different I looked without it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:03 am
I can't wear concealer. I have freckles and it always looks like I'm wearing a mask. I do wear sunscreen. I must or otherwise my face/skin burns so easily.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
Best make-up in the world... a pair of sunglasses.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Makeup
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:01:53