Since It's Easter.....A Theological Question

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:10 am
So of what use is my faith when my friend Leslie for instance, an atheist, defines my faith as useless and mistaken, while a fundamentalist Christian, because my faith does not necessarily extend to written word that has been modified countless numbers of times over the centuries, also finds my faith misplaced and useless. Only difference I can see is that the Atheist thinks I'm going to sleep when I die and the fundamentalist thinks I'm going to Hell when I die. I still stick to my absolute faith in God however so based on faith, what's to become of me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 668 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
You are going to die.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:17 am
Some faiths think that what has been offered so far is all there is. The atheists have closed the door.

I think of my faith journey as an on-going quest. It is not finished. It is more than just what has been offered. I am open to new ideas and new discoveries and I enjoy studying the moral teachings of the past outside the realm of traditional "religion."

IMO - Aristotle's life (teachings and death) was similar to Jesus Christs'. I can learn from both of them.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are going to die.

anecdotal evidence would tend to corroborate your thoughtful reply but on the other hand I'm Steve Quinney so don't be so sure
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:41 am
Blueveinedthrobber wrote:
what's to become of me?

Your astounding presence will be retired from the reach of our limited senses.

Then, I'll be diminished,

as,

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:41 am
Take up Zen. They don't generally address that. Mostly they feel it will resolve itself when the time comes - Why get excited about it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:44 am
edgar as I have said elesewhere, I'm at peace with death and the afterlife. worrying about it is as useful as worrying about no longer being attractive to young girls. No matter how I try to put it off it eventually happens.
0 Replies