Do You Care About Pope Francis and the Argentinian Junta?

Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 04:14 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:
...Plus, without Protestantism, who would have developed capitalism to its current complexity?

You talk about religion the way a gynaecologist might talk about sex (i.e. in a dessicated, almost autistic way).

Foofie always manages to muddy the waters...I wonder why?

Zieser madel, let's be honest. This is a white Protestant country. They were here first, and basically developed the concept of an American way of thought. Without their involvement, this country could be like Europe and its thinking that Jews are expendable. I count my blessings, and do not look a gift horse in the mouth, meaning let's cut the pandering to Catholicism by all this "new Pope" hoopla, and focus on which brand of Christianity made America a great nation, in my opinion.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 04:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes...I, as you well know, think fascists are groovy.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 05:29 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
and focus on which brand of Christianity made America a great nation,

What is great about a nation that directs its focus on slaughtering innocents worldwide just so that it can steal their wealth, Foofie?

You are caught in a great hypocrisy, one that you should know is based on a falsehood. If Israel wasn't such an effective political tool, where do you think it would be?
Mame

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:01 pm
@JTT,
What do you think you're actually achieving by your constant anti-US ****, especially in threads that don't involve the US? We either know and care, know and don't care, don't know and don't care, or aren't involved. Have you even ONE convert?

STOP THIS SHITE. You're the worst - boring and predictable. And many of us aren't even American and we're being subjected to your **** on a continual basis. Maybe I should put you on Ignore.
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:28 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
especially in threads that don't involve the US?

Don't involve the US - could you be any more vacuous? Mame, you are one ignorant little ****. A suckup who obviously will do anything to ensure you have a glorious little vacation.

Quote:
IRFrank: Don't shoot the messenger. How will the corruption and murder by governments be reduced if not brought to the light of day?

Quote:
Kissinger approved Argentinian 'dirty war'
Declassified US files expose 1970s backing for junta

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles

The Guardian, Saturday 6 December 2003 02.20 GMT

Henry Kissinger gave his approval to the "dirty war" in Argentina in the 1970s in which up to 30,000 people were killed, according to newly declassified US state department documents.
Mr Kissinger, who was America's secretary of state, is shown to have urged the Argentinian military regime to act before the US Congress resumed session, and told it that Washington would not cause it "unnecessary difficulties".

The revelations are likely to further damage Mr Kissinger's reputation. He has already been implicated in war crimes committed during his term in office, notably in connection with the 1973 Chilean coup.

The material, obtained by the Washington-based National Security Archive under the Freedom of Information Act, consists of two memorandums of conversations that took place in October 1976 with the visiting Argentinian foreign minister, Admiral César Augusto Guzzetti. At the time the US Congress, concerned about allegations of widespread human rights abuses, was poised to approve sanctions against the military regime.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
And many of us aren't even American and we're being subjected to your **** on a continual basis.

That's the funny thing, Mame, it simply isn't my ****. The **** is US **** and it's affecting millions everyday as you sit in Manhattan sipping your latte.

It is hard to reach Americans regarding America. It’s not a place so much as a mindset. For myself, I got out of that mindset quite by accident, but it also took some effort. When confronted by contradictions that made me uncomfortable, I did not stuff them away and ignore them. -- Mark Tokarski

Why don't you encourage folks to address "my ****". If it's as you say, they ought to be able to point out any untruths. Have you not noticed the absence of those people?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 03:27 pm
@Foofie,

Zieser madel, let's be honest. This is a white Protestant country. They were here first, and basically developed the concept of an American way of thought. Without their involvement, this country could be like Europe and its thinking that Jews are expendable. I count my blessings, and do not look a gift horse in the mouth, meaning let's cut the pandering to Catholicism by all this "new Pope" hoopla, and focus on which brand of Christianity made America a great nation, in my opinion.
[/quote]

I'm guessing you think Queen Isabella of Spain was a Quaker. It would serve you well to explore history and world religions before you make ridiculous statements like the one above. Frankly, I don't think any particular Protestant denomination has a hammer lock on true belief. How ridiculous would it be for someone searching for a church, visit a Methodist church only to be told, "we would really like to help you, but if you are looking for salvation, the Episcopal Church on the next block is your best bet. Christian Protestants evolved in the 14th century. I am not saying that because Catholicism tracks back to 1AD, it is a superior religion, but do you really think commerce and capitalism didn't begin until the year 1500 AD. The Jews trace their history back 5 thousand years. Plus it's rude to criticize something you know nothing about, most particularly a persons belief system.
0 Replies