Why do some wrestling fans believe they are superior to others?

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 10:33 pm
Hi Friends,

I see a lot of fans who believe they're "better" wrestling fans. Better because they've been watching longer, been to more shows, or have a more extensive collection rare international wrestling tapes. The point many of them try to make is that they're "smarter" than the kid with the replica spinner belt, or the Jeff Hardy arm bands. But does knowing more equate to enjoying it more, or in wrestling, is ignorance bliss? Does being a "smart fan" make you a better person than the casual WWE fan?

Thank You
Hulk Hogan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 863 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 10:36 pm
@HulkHogan,
Pardner, I think some hobbies exist for the sole purpose of showing off some esoteric bit of knowledge that somebody might admire someone for knowing. I once listened to two birdwatchers arguing about whether they had just seen a common nutcase or a Canadian nutcase. It could have been a sparrow for all I knew or cared.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 11:18 pm
@HulkHogan,
ANYBODY who'd ever spend more than five minutes watching professional wrestling needs to be spayed or neutered, the gene pool doesn't need him.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 03:37 am
@gungasnake,
Sorta like posing as "Who is the greater Star Trek Fan"
Both are sad pathetic wastes of life force.
roger

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 03:43 am
@farmerman,
It must be important. Can't tell you how many tee shirts and front plates say "#1 Fan" of something or other.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 03:45 am
@roger,
I once saw a "CUBS #1 FAN"

Theres a life in the can eh?
0 Replies