Excessive semicolons

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:30 pm
Someone that I know recently posted a topic on a video-game forum and claimed that he was using semicolons 100% correctly; I have to disagree.

Please tell me if you think/know the following sentence isn't using semicolons correctly and why.

"Macedonian small force of 3 besieges the Dalmatian coastal fort; whilst a 15u army appears to the east of the Illyrian border; an Avernian 16u army besieges one of the Massalia defence forts; with a further 8u force just to the West across the river; and a 1u contingent nearby; 3u force over the border to the North of Nemausus. These add to the 2 African incursions that must be dealt with. "
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 670 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:30 am
@pokeytrev,
Pokey this is sheer guesswork but:

Macedonian small force of 3 besieges the Dalmatian coastal fort whilst a 15u army appears to the east of the Illyrian border; an Avernian 16u army besieges one of the Massalia defence forts with a further 8u force just to the West across the river and a 1u contingent nearby; 3u force over the border to the North of Nemausus. These add to the 2 African incursions that must be dealt with.

If so you're absolutely right
0 Replies