Open letter to uwave oven mfrs

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 01:15 pm
One model has what seem to me a dozen useless timing buttons: One, eg, for pizza, another for popcorn, one "Cook by weight," whatever that means

But am I alone

Two and a half minutes burns popcorn to a black crisp. So you have to post a chart on the adjacent refrigerator showing the time for each button, using "Popcorn" whenever you happen to need 2-1/2 minutes for some other dish

Well, supposing we're fanatical about that sort of thing, a button might save us a couple of keystrokes all right but some have to be pressed more than once--when it wants to now how many potatoes for instance. So our chart might also flag which buttons require more than one stroke

Oh hell, I reasoned, I'm the fanatic, nobody else on a2k will back me up in any way, they'll tear me apart limb by limb. But then by sheer coincidence my No. 2 Son came up with very nearly the same assessment

But why a2k you inquire

http://able2know.org/topic/202454-1

It's "six degrees of separation" so we're almost sure our message will reach its intended destination; viral marketing

http://able2know.org/topic/202454-1

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 01:34 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

One model has what seem to me a dozen useless timing buttons: One eg for pizza, another for popcorn, one "Cook by weight," whatever that means

But am I alone

Yes. Mostly, you're alone on this issue. You can always buy one without those buttons. Or completely ignore those buttons altogether and manually enter the time and desired 'temperature.'

Quote:
Two and a half minutes burns popcorn to a black crisp.

Those buttons are explicitly meant to apply to all microwavable popcorn given that each product is different per size and type of bag. They're suggested times. You are supposed to pay attention to the frequency of the popping. When it gets to 1 or 2 pops per a couple of seconds, you are supposed to stop the microwave.

Quote:
Well, supposing we're fanatical about that sort of thing, a button might save us a couple of keystrokes all right but some have to be pressed more than once--when it wants to now how many potatoes for instance. So our chart might also flag which buttons require more than one stroke

The search for the ultimate convenience appliance has been going on for decades and decades by both consumer and manufacturer. Don't blame this generation of microwave designers for that pursuit. Welcome to the 20th century Dale.

Quote:
Oh hell, I reasoned, I'm the fanatic, nobody else on a2k will back me up in any way, they'll tear me apart limb by limb.

If you stop creating several dozen of the same threads and keep the samey activity to one or two threads, then your reception here at a2k would be much more improved. Plus, too many of your posts are open letters. It's highly unlikely they are actually read by your intended targets. I'd guess you have .001% that you'll get Apple for your Mac threads or the manufacturers of microwave ovens to drop by a2k to study these threads.

Quote:
But why a2k you inquire

[url]REMOVED by me from reposting[/url]
Ironically you are a repeat offender when it comes to spamming a2k with links to your own threads.

It's "six degrees of separation" so we're almost sure our message will reach its intended destination; viral marketing
Neither you or your son are familiar with the goofy sociological term "six degrees of separation." It's a mere party game and it doesn't have anything to do with marketing and/or spam. Spam marketing here exists because its extremely cheap to throw a few thousand messages in a few thousand websites and if a certain percentage falls for it then the spammer wins.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
dalehileman wrote:……...But am I alone

Quote:
Yes. Mostly, you're alone on this issue.
Alas alack Tsar I was almost sure I'd be

Quote:
You can always buy one without those buttons.
Woe is us, too late now

Quote:
Or completely ignore those buttons altogether and manually enter the time and desired 'temperature.'
Yes we do frequently access that facility since it's so much quicker than the system you're defending, Tsar

Quote:
Two and a half minutes burns popcorn to a black crisp.

Quote:
Those buttons are explicitly meant to apply to all microwavable popcorn given that each product is different per size and type of bag.
That's exactly what makes the button so silly. Set at 2 min I can walk away and do something else

Quote:
…..pay attention to the frequency…..1 or 2 pops per a couple of seconds, you are supposed to stop the microwave.
Calling into q the value of the button

Quote:
……..So our chart might also flag which buttons require more than one stroke

Quote:
…...Don't blame this generation of microwave designers for that pursuit. Welcome to the 20th century Dale.
To the contrary, there's a much better way: Instead of arbitrary settings, a new set, eg, as follows: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10

…or whatever

They'd be clearly labeled while depressing gives instant response, satisfying our requirements 85 times out of 100 with a single click. Obviously I'd retain the usu manual set

Quote:
Oh hell, I reasoned, I'm the fanatic, nobody else on a2k will back me up in any way, they'll tear me apart limb by limb.

Quote:
If you stop creating several dozen of the same threads and keep the samey activity to one or two threads, then your reception here at a2k would be much more improved.
That hasn't been my experience at all

Quote:
Plus, too many of your posts are open letters. It's highly unlikely they are actually read by your intended targets.
To the contrary I've had some success along this line, according to the 6 degrees

Quote:
But why a2k you inquire

Quote:
Ironically you are a repeat offender when it comes to spamming a2k with links to your own threads.
Seems remarkably trivial objection in a world in turmoil at the brink of another nuclear war

Quote:
……. "six degrees of separation." It's a mere party game and it doesn't have anything to do with marketing and/or spam.
You're absolutely wrong about that, Tsar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

But thank you Tsar most kindly for your interest in my prop
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 02:54 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps. It was originally set out by Frigyes Karinthy and popularized by a play written by John Guare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation
It's a useless party game. Not a doctoral thesis that describes the links between manufacturing and consumer.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 04:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Any two people, eg, the disgruntled consumer to the manufacturing mogul

I can't see why usage so far-fetched

Four via Facebook

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8906693/Facebook-cuts-six-degrees-of-separation-to-four.html
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:50 pm
@dalehileman,
Once again, it's an absolutely useless party game NOT a social contract.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Kevin Bacon would be so proud...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 12:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
useless party game

"Degrees of separation" Tsar refers to any "small-world experiment" finding the average path length of social network for a message to reach its destination, as loosely related to viral marketing

….the game thanks to Rock above also called "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 12:37 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
useless party game

"Degrees of separation" Tsar refers to any "small-world experiment" finding the average path length of social network for a message to reach its destination, the game also called "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"

Fine. You are now legally and morally obligated to pay me $1 million simply because you follow some absolutely useless "small-world experiment" as social law. And please don't assume that I already don't know that six degrees didn't exist before the Kevin Bacon game because I knew it existed prior to the social meme. I still believe the whole shebang as utterly USELESS.

So by reason or lack therein, you owe me $1million simply because there's an arbitrary/useless/artificial six degrees separating me and you and thusly we have this nonpublished/nonlegally recognized social contract between us and I'm cashing in on it by enforcing the money I am saying you now owe me.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 12:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
because you follow some absolutely useless "small-world experiment" as social law
I wasn't aware Tsar that's what I was doing though if it's so terrible I herewith apologize profusely to anyone somehow offended by the apparent assumption

…while I'd be most happy to clarify my assertion for anyone else so concerned with this most vital issue
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Open letter to uwave oven mfrs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:36:10