This Is A MAJOR Outrage

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Didn't you hear? Polar bears are Republicans.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:34 am
@Lustig Andrei,
For some reason I thought this thread was about a CNN article, which mentions "The U.S. says that shrinking Arctic ice habitat, a product of a warming climate, puts polar bear populations in a precarious position."
Global warming is bound to rear its ugly head up in any save the polar bear discussion, sometime or another. I'm at peace with that.
Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:36 am
@Ice Demon,
I see you're not one for nuance and levity? Do you play well with others?

Seriously, casual observation should tell you that humor and levity predominates here. Why not find any one of the 1000 environmental-global- warming threads and focus your energy there.

Or, better yet - lighten the **** up.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:38 am
@Ragman,
Have I been otherwise? Oh naughty me.
EDIT after your edit: My **** is light as ever man, look at your own self.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:49 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
That is in fact an outrage i.e. no higher animal (as opposed to delta smelts or snail darters) should go extinct from being bought and sold for Voodoo purposes or the equivalent of that. A big part of the problem however has to involve ordinary people who've gone hungry or in one way or another suffered a bit too much from having major farming regions like California's Central Valley closed down or major hydroelectric plants dynamited or torn down for the sake of lizards, mice, and "delta smelts(TM)".

Beyond some point, people simply don't want to hear it.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 12:50 pm
@gungasnake,
I see your point, gunga, certainly re the polar bears being used for aphrodisiacal thrill, but also re the choices environmentally. There's a situation going on about trouble to some species in territory where there are plans for wind farms. Just saw an article on that (oh, but where?)

Well, here's one, but not the immediate article I was talking about.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-09-20/tortoises-manhandled-for-solar-splits-environmentalists

Back to levity - I looked up a turtle riddle, talk about bad jokes:

How do turtles talk to each other? Answer: By using Shell phones ...
Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 12:53 pm
@ossobuco,
I can't mock you for that joke.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 12:54 pm
@Ragman,
That's going to put you in the soup, young man.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 12:54 pm
@Ice Demon,
Ice Demon wrote:

EDIT: ... My **** is light as ever man, look at your own self.

I just did and I need to lose a few pounds.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 02:42 pm
@Ragman,
I do not enjoy computer jokes. Not one bit.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 08:04 am
I have learned, if nothing else, over my years on Abuzz and A2K, that I can start a fight anytime anywhere even when I'm not trying. I wonder if it's too late to turn this into a marketable skill and make some money?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:31 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I have learned, if nothing else, over my years on Abuzz and A2K, that I can start a fight anytime anywhere even when I'm not trying. I wonder if it's too late to turn this into a marketable skill and make some money?

Of course! You can work for politicians. Carl Rove has done very well, I suspect ID took a page out of his book. I just hope you use your powers for good. I have to tell ya bear, this humorous tidbit really turned out the contrarians. There we were, all having a fun time, and suddenly the buzz killers were crawling all over it. Some folks just can't have fun.
Ice Demon

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:45 am
@glitterbag,
Speak for yourself. Your sense of humor must have gone dry. You and your like with the sagely banter scared away Thack and the Brittish dude. And we were just getting our pistons fired to have a drawn out epic smack down. It would have been entertaining until all you party poopers neutralized the electricity in the air which I was gradually building up.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 03:28 pm
lolwut
Ice Demon

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:14 pm
@thack45,
Heeeeey Buddy! Ignore what I was saying to glitterbag, that was just pickle talk not intended for your ears. So wanna put your gloves back on and start off where we last ended?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:32 pm
Is it just me or are puns starting to become obtuse? It was fun for a while, but I'm fresh out of bear jokes. Thanks for the levity, BVT, you never disappoint.
Ice Demon

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:35 pm
@glitterbag,
My point exactly! Puns last so long before they stop becoming punny!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 04:50 pm
@Ice Demon,
This is all very flattering, but you don't have to post after every comment I make. Sometime folks are just being sociable with old friends. I don't think anyone is ignoring you, but this site is able2know not icedemonpersonalitycult. Relax a little, it might help.
Ice Demon

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 05:21 pm
@glitterbag,
In a country of free speech, that loud bark was useless as a used tampon.
And mind you dear, what you considered before the comment on the flattery was the point I was trying to make known all along before you showed up. My middle name is relax and who started a cult with my name in it without inviting me? So where do you hold the cult meetings?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 06:31 pm
BVT never disappoints. Lots of old buddies here, usually very entertaining. Oh well, there will be other clever posts. I'll wait for the next one, its only a matter of time.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:51:46