What movies or books are there with tomboys as one of the main characters?

tomster

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 09:42 am
I'm 17 and i am looking for some books, films or tv shows about adventure, mystery or anything with some action in it involving tomboys or powerful women such as an FBI agent.
My favourite series when i was younger was of course the famous five and i've never been able to find anything quite so captivating for older readers.

Concerning films i have seen quite a few so good luck in finding others.
In movies I've seen:
- Fried Green tomatoes
- Some kind of wonderful
- Pirates of the carabean
- Miss congeniality
- The truth about spring
- Tomboy (2012)
- Tomboy (1985)
- Calamity Jane
- Salt
- Wanted
- The journey of Natty Gann
- Sydney White
- Matrix

In tv shows I've seen:
- Freaks and Geeks

Thanks and if you like those kinds of movies, watch them they're great !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,663 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 09:52 am
@tomster,
Kinda surprised "Hunger Games" is not in there!
tomster

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 10:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh yeah i forgot that one, I have seen it haha
Any others ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 10:46 am
@tomster,
Ahhh, I'm just an old goat and probably should not even be in this conversations, but it was an interesting question.

Bela Swann, in the Twilight series starts out as the most dependent of females...totally under the control of males (of both the vampires and shapeshifter variety)...but by the end, she is totally self assured and probably the strongest character in the series. If you can stand the crap leading up to the transformation, it might be a keeper.

But my favorite fictional tomboy BY FAR these days is the character Arya Stark from George RR Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. The character is played to perfection in the television adaptation of the book (Game of Thrones) by Maisie Williams, a tomboy in her own right.

tomster

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks for that, I'll try "a song of ice and fire" it seems interesting and i've heard of the "game of thrones" books.
But i'm sorry i think twilight is crap, although i'm sure bella's an interesting character, the actrice that plays her is really bad (in my opinion only ! i' don't want to offend any twilight lovers out there)
0 Replies