I hate it when people ask "What's up?"

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 05:50 pm

the obvious response to "what's up" is, of course, "what's up", or if you prefer, the syllable-saving "sup".

incidentally, the question in question has become more streamlined since that wascally wabbit first uttered "what's up, doc?" in 1940...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:27 pm
I agree with drom. We should set a aside a day to kill all such people.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:35 pm
what's up y'all?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:56 pm
whatup girlfriend?
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:24 pm
I never know what to respond when people ask me how im doing. I usually just kind of stand there or mumble something.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:07 pm
SCoates wrote:
I agree with drom. We should set a aside a day to kill all such people.

Brilliant idea, SCoates! You round up any volatile people with the same opinions as us, and I'll do PR for it Laughing .
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:13 pm
Hey! I want in on this killing business.

Where do I sign up?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:21 pm
We already had your name down. Do you remember that time in Albequerque, when I got you drunk on cheap Rosé and you agreed to do any hair-brained scheme involving mass death, some sort of cheese, and at least one person dressing up as Emily Brontë? Well, this plan is covered by this sacred pact.

Not that you should want to miss out on a good old fashioned extermination anyway..

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:22 pm
That Emily Bronte part does sound vaguely familiar.

Were we riding tractors in the nude that night?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:24 pm
What's up? How're you doin'? How's it going?

Don't ask! is a tried and tested retort, trite, traditional yet somehow contemporary today.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 05:08 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That Emily Bronte part does sound vaguely familiar.

Were we riding tractors in the nude that night?

Yes, and there were these guys in Beaver suits who were following us around. Originally, it was me in the nude and you dressed up as Emily Brontë, but you flung your corset to the Beaver suits and you said to me: 'Drom, if there's one thing my dad taught me, it's this. If you're gonna break public decency laws, you've got to break them good.'

I rank that moment up in my Top 23 'I bet you didn't see that coming' stories.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:12 pm
SCoates, if your real name is Chuck...than I can see why you hate people saying What's Up? :wink:

Is this story a spinoff of Wuthering Heights?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 11:58 am
Does not every copy of Wuthering Heights have the whole Gus/Tractor/Mass nudity combination as its final chapter??

*Startled.*

0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:31 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Does not every copy of Wuthering Heights have the whole Gus/Tractor/Mass nudity combination as its final chapter??
*Startled.*

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten...Gus/Tractor/Mass nudity combination, did reminded me of the passion and the obsession of this masterpiece.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:37 pm
Well... it's a long European tradition. Ever since Ovid put pen to paper, there has been one deranged tractor/ Gus dressed up as a Brontë story, usually as the climax. There's even a medical fear of this happening: traktergymnonkoryfiphobia.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 02:21:42