Ted nugent and Jerry garcia duet

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 03:06 am
I remember a few years ago on a radio station hearing a song that was a duet with ted nugent and jerry garcia. The radio station announcer said it was done in the early 70's. Anybody have a clue what the song was as i would like to purchase it if it is still available?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,406 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 02:33 pm
Bookmarking. I'll be back.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:20 pm
OK. Though I suspect this person is long gone from the site, I did get a response directly from Mr. Nugent on this topic. This is what he said:

"Gerry Garcia was a souless fat uncaring hippie sak-o-**** who thought gettin stoned was a better choice than takin care of his God given gifts to be around for his family & children. whatta punk. & his guitar slop was the perfect soundtrack to his cheapness."

He spelled Jerry's name wrong, probably out of disrespect. So I suspect that DJ was pulling your chain.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:45 pm
Kicky-"cjhsa, are you a deadhead?"

cjhsa-"Nope, but I have been to more of their concerts than any other band. Mostly because they were always on tour."

So let me get this straight cj. Nuge says Garcia's a scumbag and all of a sudden you agree that he can't hold Ted's pick? That WAS the point of your post wasn't it?

Jerry Garcia, although I don't care for his playing or singing, was inducted into the R & R Hall Of Fame in 1994. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ted's induction. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
You're reading stuff into my posts that isn't there Pan. I just posted what Ted stated in response to my post on this subject on his website. I was simply trying to find out if said recording was ever made.

And why do you suppose the Nuge isn't in the R&R hall, eh?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:07 am
cjhsa wrote:
You're reading stuff into my posts that isn't there Pan.

You're right...ooops

cjhsa wrote:
And why do you suppose the Nuge isn't in the R&R hall, eh?

Did he sneak in when I wasn't looking? Embarrassed
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:13 am
Nope, Ted's not in there, but I think most would agree he should be. I'm not going to argue about why because it will only further deface the thread.

It is kinda cool though that the Nuge actually posts to his own website regularly, eh? I mean, you cannot emulate his writing style. He doesn't know me from Adam, but took time to respond to my question.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
I had done my homework so I knew he wasn't in. Good bluff though

Nice of him to answer you directly. But I don't admire him for dissing a peer like that. Most unclassy IMO
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 11:37 am
He pulls no punches.
0 Replies

TooLoud

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:38 pm
he also doesnt do anything interesting.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:08 pm
Bwaaaaaaaahahahhahahahaha! You owe me a new keyboard.
0 Replies