what is a “senior concert”? A high school senior concert?

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 04:05 am
I didn’t tell her what I was thinking at that moment. That she was right on the cusp. That she could be anybody she wanted to be.
That I would not see the woman she became. I would not see her graduate, or listen to her senior concert. I would probably never meet her date to prom.
I didn’t tell her how much I wanted this. To visit Kleinfeld's. To watch my daughter walk out of the dressing room in white silk and see her, suddenly, ten years in the future, in the back room before her wedding, in a moment I will never share.

Does "see her graduate" mean "see her become a graduate"?
What is a “senior concert”? A high school senior concert?
In this paragraph, what kind of prom it is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 460 • Replies: 1
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Justin Xu
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:13 am
@Justin Xu,
This appears to be references to what are important events to Americans in high school. The highest grade in an American high school, the 12th grade, is known as the senior class. So a senior concert would be a concert put on by members of the senior class (i've never heard of a senior concert, but that's hardly conclusive). When one completes the high school requirements, when one graduates, there is a graduation ceremony at which family members attend, it is an important ritual event. Prom is a shortening of promenade, and it refers to another big event in the life of a high school student, a formal dance. The students attending wear formal clothing, and a girl's prom dress is very important to her. Usually, there is a junior prom, put on by the members of the junior class, the 11th grade students; and there is a senior prom, put on by the senior class. "The Prom" refers to the senior prom, and is usually considered the most important social event of the year.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » what is a “senior concert”? A high school senior concert?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:39:27