Exercise for knee pain

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 03:42 am
Quote down the best exercise that helps in combating knee pain with Arthritis?

SyrisKnows

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 03:50 am
@Timothyford,
I would opt for swimming personally if you want low stress and impact on the knees get in the pool
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:19 am
@Timothyford,
Why do you need exercises for arthritis?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:21 am
@Timothyford,
One of the best things to do for any knee pain is to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I am recovering from a knee injury, and have been working with a physical therapist. He has given me a series of exercises to do daily involving leg lifts front, side and back. Most of these you can do lying down. I do the back lifts standing using a theraband for resistance. These have made a huge difference in pain reduction for me, especially on stairs. Also stretching is important for flexibility. Swimming which was already mentioned is great overall exercise with low impact, and it's more fun than most exercise. Good luck.
0 Replies

anthonydavis

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 06:25 am
Leaning with your back against a wall, bend your knees 30°, sliding down the wall, then straighten up again. Move slowly and smoothly, using your hands on the wall for balance. Sit up straight in a chair, both feet on the floor, and tighten your abdomen. Extend one leg in front of you, with your toes pointing upward. Raise your thigh off the chair slightly. Lower your thigh and repeat. Then switch and repeat with the other leg.
Timothyford

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 12:51 am
@anthonydavis,
My sister has been suffering with knee pain. But none of the therapies has helped her ever. Let me go for this exercise and check out for the result. Thanks for your input.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Exercise for knee pain
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:35:41