What does "stoned to the beejeezers" mean here?

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 07:11 am
"I enlisted John to the cause. After all the difficult tasks of the last two years--tasks more mental than physical, although the physical period was coming--this was a request he didn’t mind.
Ideally, we would have smoked up at home, eaten an entire pint of Sea Salt Caramel gelato and watched the Science Channel stoned to the beejeezers. But not with our children nearby."

What does "stoned to the beejeezers" mean here?

View best answer, chosen by Justin Xu
Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 07:21 am
@Justin Xu,
Stoned can mean drunk (older meaning) or "high" from smoking marijuana or hashish. Since he said "we would have smoked up at home," it's a sage bet that he is using stoned to me intoxicated from marijuana or hashish. "Beejeezers" is not (in my experience) a common usage in the American language, but it obviously means to a great extent. The word "bejesus" is attributed to the Irish and it means surprise or emphasis.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 07:24 am
@Justin Xu,
Really really stoned. Indicating an extreme.

A varieant of the slang word is bejeezus, or bejesus, used to indicate fright or surprise, an extreme in a light humorous way.

As in "You scared the bejeezus out of me in just now"

Bejeezus.....bejesus......by Jesus......by Zeus.....egads.....

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:49 am
@Justin Xu,
So incapacitated you can't find your butt with either hand.

Rap
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What does "stoned to the beejeezers" mean here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:06:17