How come I kill watches when i wear them?

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:22 am
Hello Friends,

This has been going on for years. But when I wear my watches, they slow down, or just die. I go thru watches like others go thru contacts. Doesnt even matter what type of watch!! This is not only driving me crazy, but it isnt cheap having to buy new watches. And yes, in my life I need to know what time it is and need to have a watch. And no, it doesnt have anything to do with the area I am in. How come I kill watches when i wear them? Can someone please explain this?

Thanks In Advance,
Deepak Bhalla
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 13,931 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 04:17 am
@Deepak Bhalla,
Have you looked in the mirror lately?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 05:29 am
It's because you are an evil, scummy spam bot.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 07:48 am
@Deepak Bhalla,

Actually, I know a couple of people who have this problem...or at least, who claim to have the problem. They claim that watches seem to die quickly when they wear them.

The first person who mentioned that to me I knew to be an honest and reasonable person. I know she bought several watches during the time I knew her...and I know I saw the watches after she wore them...and truly, they did not work properly.

My thoughts were that somehow she was inadvertently damaging them, perhaps by allowing them to get wet in some way.

When that same thing was mentioned by a second person much later in my life, I came to the conclusion that perhaps this actually does happen due to some feature of particular people.

While typing this response, I decided to Google the item…and searched “People kill watches.”

I got 209,000,000 hits. It is a real problem. You can Google it and see if you fit any of the suggested reasons.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 08:05 am
@Deepak Bhalla,
You're buying discount/sale watches, and the batteries are nearly dead by the time you purchase them.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 08:09 am
Franck Apisa wrote:
I got 209,000,000 hits.

But only 50 hits if you quote "people kill watches".
0 Replies

Carlow Mapthew

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 11:41 pm
Hello Members,

One of my watched stopped recently, but it is because of its battery. I think it depends on the brand.

Thanks and Regards,
Carlow Mapthew
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 11:58 pm
I've got a box of 20 or 30 watches that says brand, price, battery or windup doesn't matter. They're all dead. Some sped up, some died a short death while others just couldn't keep time.
Now I use a phone.
0 Replies

closetdancer

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 12:10 am
@Deepak Bhalla,
I also have this problem. I was told by my greatgrandmother that too much electricity in the body can drain the battery life.
0 Replies

jinxy37

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 03:37 pm
My husband and I had gone to a children's science museum for fun, they had a little set up where you put your hands on and it read the amount of electricity in your body. My husband came up at around 7.3 (close) and I came up at a .23, this explained a lot of things to me, why I always got a spark touching metal and why watches always died. My body was absorbing the energy from the battery, this became even clearer when I realized I couldn't touch or soulder components to a PC board without blowing the IC's, even a static band only worked once. I later tested myself and my husband on a volt meter at home, again his came up 9,7 Vac and mine was 0.3. In conclusion I feel like it is similar to sleeping on the ground without a barrier and the ground tries to even itself out with your body temperature sucking out your warmth in the interim.
0 Replies