PRINTEMPS, PRIMAVERA, SPRING, ETC. . . .

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 06:07 pm
That's a nice bitta frosting you got there, MaoNsure Andre!

The part of Tranna I'm in got about 4 inches - an hour east of here they got no snow - and an hour west of here they got nearly two feet. A couple of my co-workers who do the west to east commute didn't make it in to work today. In and around Windsor, they reported over 100 car accidents yesterday afternoon.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:03 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Is the wig too purple? or do i remind you of your dear aunt Clarice?

The last time I wore this wig to work (as a team-building gag), one of the guys was freakin' cuz I looked just like his aunt. Was it the wig or the very heavy dark eyebrows I painted on? We'll never know.

Yes, too purple!! And actually your avatar reminds me more of those wacky female space aliens that Captain Kirk would encounter and ultimately boink. (Wasn't he a slut?? *L*)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:35 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
A Spring snowstorm isn't gonna wipe out any winged wonders what arrived too early, Set. They flock together and use body heat to keep each other warm. As long as they have enough to eat, they'll be okay. Birds freeze to death in the Winter because food is scarce. They need the extra calories to keep up their body heat. That's why bird-feeders are so important in Winter.

For ehBeth and others of the British Commonwealth persuasion -- Boston got around 15 - 16 cm of snow, may be more in the offing. (For all my fellow Yanks, that's six to seven inches.)

I hope the birdies are OK, too. That's another way I can tell it is spring, my feeders stay full.

Maybe we should start measuring snow in dollars. So that would mean, Merry, that you had a dollar's depth of snow in Boston, right? 30 cm would be two dollars. As a metrically-challenged person -- that little Beth tip was helpful. (But somehow I will always have it mixed up with purple hair.)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:43 am
It is a dank and miserable day here in Warwick. There are scarcely any trees-- apart from the Evergreens, obviously,-- that have started to bloom. It was snowing a few days ago, which is unusual for my part of the UK. We're firmly in winter; but I think that winter can be attractive as summer, sometimes. Apart from the weather, of course. *froze*

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:26 am
It froze overnight, but it is now warming up rapidly. I hope for the best.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 09:54 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I think that winter can be attractive as summer, sometimes. Apart from the weather, of course.

Heeeheeeeee. Yep... apart from the weather!

This morning it is decidedly chillier and (darn it) windy -- SW winds with gusts to 35 mph they say. The pink cherry blossoms are holding for now, but I'm worried we'll lose them early if this continues.

Some friends of mine and I are planning a beach bonfire as a ceremonial beginning of Spring tomorrow. We've got flares and candles and high hopes that there will be decent weather. That seemed a reasonable hope on Monday; now it is looking doubtful and rain showers are predicted. We will carry on... somehow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:26 am
Piffka--

Please light a match for me on Saturday. We had a few inches of snow last night--enough to cause very slippery footing and keep me housebound. More snow is forecast for tonight--six inches.

When will that albino lion go home?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 01:39 pm
I will, Noddy. I hope your snow melts soon.

<Six inches? A dollar's worth then, eh?>
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 02:10 pm
There's cardinal (bird, not ballplayer or cleric) on a branch outside our office building. Flamboyent red against the dull browns and grays.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 06:07 pm
George--

He's probably been eating sumac berries which give cardinals and the red breasts of robins and other scarlet plumage a special intensity.

He was undoubtedly warbling softly, "I'm the grandest cardinal in the office park and one of you lucky, lucky women is going to have the chance to sit on my eggs.

The babes will fight over him. They don't know about end-of-winter sumac berries and think fine feathers make fine birds.

Sumac flourishes along highways, possibly encourage by air pollution.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 01:24:02