Yes, I'm in the u.s.
1) the flashlight didn't work one day
2) so I figured it was the battery since a lot of time had gone by since I got the flashlight. I think I had replaced the battery once before, but I am not sure.
3) this sized battery is not cheap (the size for a "lantern" flashlight)
4) I finally went to Home Depot and bought a new lantern battery.
5) that did not make the lantern (casing plus a bulb) light up.
6) I did know how to connect the battery - just like the old battery was, besides putting the connection in the right place.
7) I still have both batteries and flashlight casing with the bulb, plus receipt.
8) it is my guess that it is the bulb that is gone.
9) to get a lantern light that works, I may have to purchase a new one, which probably (not sure) has another big new battery in it.
10) Then I will return my purchased new battery and get a different flashlight.
11) I happen to like maglites, but had liked the lantern light - I'm night blind and it throws a pretty good light.
In asking the question, I was just wondering if the bulbs in these kind of flashlights tend to go out over time.