Is this a new feature

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 02:48 pm
A few (very few) having complained 15 minutes isn't long enough for editing, I had just encountered an apparent way around "You can't edit this post now." I shan't reveal it since I suspect Admin would rather it not be known; but just recently after the 15-min deadline by this means I've retrieved and edited such an elapsed posting several times

I suspect Admin has provided it for those of us who need more time but who are judged--perhaps by our persistence or our longevity--to be trustworthy. So if that's the case, my most profound thanks, and I promise to keep it to myself

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Ill have to keep an eye on you because the time li mits on editing avctually serves a needed purpose. If you start editing your posts AFTER someone comments negatively on it, then I will report YOU as a miscreant of the intent of what editing is supposed to accomplish.

You cant blame everything on old age, otherwise all of us would be "vitims of our cortical synapses"
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:50 pm
@dalehileman,
Agree with farmerman. Generally a very bad idea to try and edit one's post after it has already received a response.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ill have to keep an eye on you
Oh please do Farm, I do bear watching

Quote:
because the time limits on editing actually serves a needed purpose.
Of course I understand all that as you will see if you will scroll through my recent postings though if not, no blame forthwith

Quote:
If …..AFTER…...then I will report YOU as a miscreant…….
Oh you should, definitely

Quote:
You cant blame everything on old age,
Not everything but nearly so

Quote:
otherwise all of us would be "vitims of our cortical synapses"
At least the very old codgers and esp those having imbibed The Brew for so many decades
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is this a new feature
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:29:10