Hey, Izzy, tell me about the Guardian

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 09:50 pm
Please take this in jest, eh?

You know I like the Guardian as it's my new New York Times, for better or worse.
I'll say, different. The Guardian helps me not miss NYT, though I have plenty of grumps about both.

I have happened to have noticed some distinctions between photos of posters on sides of the pond. Before you blame you all for my not liking all the bad english teeth, you've got me wrong - I have twiggle teeth myself, so that's sort of an odd attraction of the brits to me.

Just look at all the Blind Date participants...
and the Washington Posts Date Lab folks.

On the other hand, some of the main female Guardian columnists need (to me, of course) to wash their hair.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 642 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Berty McJock

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 07:26 pm
@ossobuco,
yeah i'm a guardianista too. i love charlie brooker, and bad science.

but some of the female journos have more to worry about than their hair. polly toynbee's attitude in particular is shocking. you should have seen her rant recently at feminist transgenders. if it wasn't so offensive and hypocritical it would have been funny. grace dent was also up her own backside, but i think she may have moved on to the daily mail (a match made in heaven).

i'm wondering if there is a connection between the guardian and nyt, as the observer (the sunday guardian) was running a nyt supplement for a while.

hope i've not stuck my nose in where it doesn't belong, was looking at your posts in your profile, and saw the guardian there.

nice to see you have good taste though. lol
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 08:31 pm
@Berty McJock,
No problem, not even Izzy saw this thread.

On NYT and T. Guardian, there's always the internecine play with Assange.

I read various columnists off and on and don't have them all in place in my mind yet. I will try to shape up as time passes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hey, Izzy, tell me about the Guardian
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:33:17