Do you feel lousy in the morn….

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 02:35 pm
….at least before breakfast

Upon reporting to our GP, "I'm suicidal until I have my coffee," I was astounded by his reply, "I had never heard that before by anyone." Yet just this morning PQ by sheer chance also reports this phenom

http://able2know.org/topic/205555-2

So anyone else, or is it just me and her

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 619 • Replies: 12
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 03:06 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

….at least before breakfast

Upon reporting to our GP, "I'm suicidal until I have my coffee," I was astounded by his reply, "I had never heard that before by anyone."

I hope your doctor is just being sarcastic but using a really really British-dry tone. If he never really heard that antimorning sentiment before then I say drop him like hot potato. Clearly he's not a very observant doctor. I wonder how and what if he ever did think of his fellow med students antimorning sentiment....

Your doctor as a med student attending a 7:15AM class: (Thinking to himself) Hmm.... Aren't there supposed to be 75 students enrolled in this class? There's only 10 here today. Danger's a foot!! There must be a pandemic in the works. Why else would 65 students not show up to their early morning class?! I think I need to investigate this potential catastrophe and save the world.
~~
Your doctor as a med student waking up at 4:00AM after a one night stand: Wakey wakey lil girl! It's time to rise and shine and go to class.
Female med student: OMG! WHAT FREAKING TIME IS IT?! OMG!! IT'S FOUR F(**)KING CLOCK! LEAVE ME ALONE TO SLEEP!
Your doctor as a med student: But dear! It's time to greet the sunshine. Doesn't everyone love waking up early in the morning. No coffee for me! I'm a Mormon! Coffee is for sinners!
Female med student: ((groan)) Oh lord!!! My friends told me that you were stupid. Stupid and weird! Let me sleep in. IT'S MY DORM ROOM!
Your doctor as a med student: Early to bed, early to...."
Female med student: DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTENCE OR I'LL KILL YOU!
Your doctor as a med student: Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and ...."
Female med student: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!
((charges your doctor as a med student flailing a digital alarm clock in one hand while trying to stab him in his eye with a 5 inch stiletto heeled shoe))

After getting 30 stitches to his face:
Your doctor as a med student: I wonder why she was so upset this morning. Maybe I'll give her a call at 4:45 in the morning before I go for my morning jog....
JLNobody

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 04:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seriously, I love mornings because that is when I have the most ENERGY, and, although I am tired when I go to bed, I love the idea that I am going to sleep. Waking and falling asleep are blessings. Now get a good mattress!!!
or, as you to PQ, get a new doctor.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 06:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I hope your doctor is just being sarcastic
Nay Tsar I got the impression he was perfectly serious

Quote:
then I say drop him like hot potato.
…but he's a fine fellow in other respects. At 82 I'm not as critical, while after all he has kept me alive for decades

But still we'll be interested to learn how many other regular a2k'ers besides you and me
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 06:57 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Not since I gave up alcohol more than 17 years ago.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 07:02 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Not since I gave up alcohol
Alas Andy, though I average only one a day I think I'druther feel suicidal for just that few minutes
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 09:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

dalehileman wrote:

Not since I gave up alcohol more than 17 years ago.

I don't drink on Sunday or any weekday other then Friday evening. I am not a morning person so I wake up about 30 to 40 minutes before I really have to. I use the time to SLOWLY wake up. Even when I get to work a half an hour early each day, I still am not completely awake.

Thankfully work for about the first one hour or so is really slow and I'm alone in the records department taking my time to completely awaken.

Tea (black or green) is my morning drink of choice.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 11:47 pm
@dalehileman,
Being retired, time is fungible,
but I like to keep the glare of sun rise out of my eyes.
Sleeping thru it helps.

David
dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I don't drink…...other then Friday evening.
Thanks for this report, Tsar. I presume you must share with me a slight sensitivity to alky. With me however one is inadequate so if you feel at all a privation might try my system: two on Fri and Sun, then splurge with three on Tue; so you get the two days following to "recover"

Quote:
I am not a morning person…...use the time to SLOWLY wake up.
It's interesting that I too share that habit, not that anyone will care of course but I can see we're brothers

Quote:
Even when I get to work a half an hour early each day, I still am not completely awake.
When I was a kid and drank a whole lot more I felt rotten trailing off to work each morn. Retirement is wonderful

Quote:
……...and I'm alone in the records department taking my time to completely awaken.
As an erstwhile tech writer I can indeed commiserate

Quote:
Tea (black or green) is my morning drink of choice.
As a coffee lover I can't join you here but it's interesting to note recent discoveries about green tea. So now I take the pills
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 12:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Being retired, time is fungible,
Thanks Dave for that usage; it isn't everyday……..

http://onelook.com/?w=fungible&ls=a

Quote:
but I like to keep the glare of sun rise out of my eyes.
I've always resented the complexity of a corded curtain draw so never open mine

But does that make 3 of us…….

Quote:
Sleeping thru it helps.
I can endorse the idea
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 01:09 pm
I'm a morning person and yes, I love the morning coffee. Can't wait to have it. If I don't have coffee, I get a headache and don't feel fully awake. Perhaps that's what he meant.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 01:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
Aha! thanks Punk, so there are three of us

But no, not exactly. If by "he" you mean me, then in my own case there's an accompanying depression

Yes, if there's a God, She did indeed invent coffee

I can imagine, given recent speculation that there are more planets than stars, there must be many of, say, slightly different size or distance from their sun, without coffee; feel so sorry for them
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 12:12 pm
I think mine is self-induced rather. Once I have got past an hour of initial pain and had a shower then I am fine. I just don't like going to sleep in the evening. I'd rather stay up and read facebook and wikipedia.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you feel lousy in the morn….
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:08:39