Nicest Way To Download Tunes?

Chumly

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:32 pm
I'm Canadian and have not downloaded tunes for many years, so I am out of the loop as to the easiest simplest most cost effective means of doing do.

I know there is iTunes (never used it and do not know much about it) but would that mean I am stuck with propriety Apple software, the inability to rename the files, propriety Apple synchronizing software, file protection, and other annoyances?

All I really want to end up with is a nice selection of really high quality MP3's (or perhaps even better WAV files) that I can play any way I want, rename any way I want, arrange in any order I want, and play on any PC or portable player I may want to use all without propriety software.

I do not want excessive cost, or proprietary software getting in the way, etc. Also I do not own any Apple products nor do I feel any need to buy Apple products.

I am only interested in listening to the greats of jazz, blues, rock, folk, classical, etc. on any PC or portable player I may want to use without propriety software.

After all who needs propriety software to simply organize and/or play MP3's or WAV files.

If it turns out that iTunes is the best bet for downloading tunes, then I could load it onto only one of my PC's, as long as every other PC and portable device does not have to have Apple software on it, but I figure there must be a be a better way than propriety software to simply organize and/or play MP3's or WAV files.

Very much thanks, and I do hope your holidays were fine!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,400 • Replies: 0
No top replies