MS SQL SERVER 2008 R2 SQL Agent

njjimbo

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:31 pm
I've been trying to get my SQL Server 2008 R2 Agent to run and been having a heck of a time with it. I enable the XPs before I start the Agent, and the system tries to start the service until I get the following message:

Unable to start service SQLSERVERAGENT on Server <my server name> (mscorlib). The SQLSERVERAGENT service on <server name> started and then stopped.

This is the detail I get in this message:

Unable to start service SQLSERVERAGENT on server JIMMY-HP. (mscorlib)

------------------------------
Program Location:

Server stack trace:
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.Service.Start()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ServiceActionHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ServiceControlProgress.ActionCompletedHandler(IAsyncResult result)

===================================

The SQLSERVERAGENT service on JIMMY-HP started and then stopped. (ObjectExplorer)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.Service.Start()

I have checked the permissions, and everything seems to be ok. There is NO entry in the SQLAGENT.OUT file, and there are no indications as to what the problem could be in the error logs, because the only thing written to the errorlogs is that the service was stopped.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,102 • Replies: 0
No top replies