Backing-Up GoBack File(s)

CDobyns

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2013 09:58 pm
I use an older copy of Roxio's GoBack (ver. 3.0) with a WindowsXP Professional installation - which has worked remarkably well for many years. Just periodically, I've noticed that GoBack will report that it cannot locate any System Safe Points. This hasn't been a critical problem so far, but I'm wondering whether it would be possible to periodically, simply make a back-up copy of whatever file(s) GoBack creates, which stores the most recent System Safe Points - and then if the actual restoration file(s) are somehow damaged, corrupted, folded, spindled, mutilated - or whatever, then the best prior back-up file(s) could be "restored" to the original file location manually.

Does this sound like a viable approach, and if so - can anyone confirm, suggest or hint at where/what file(s) GoBack would need. I've noted that in the root drive, GoBack seems to have placed one or maybe two files, gobackio.bin and hiberfil.sys. I assume these to be GoBack files, first because one says gobackio and the other because it's also pretty big (2-4GB). Any chance either of these may be all that I need to manually back-up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Backing-Up GoBack File(s)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 08:51:07