Would earlier treatment work

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 01:37 pm
Do you think that if Adam Lanza's condition had been noted and treated earlier that the Connecticut murders could have been prevented

Sure, terribly expensive but then so is the idea of stationing an armed guard everywhere

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 698 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:51 pm
@dalehileman,
Alas wasn't my q clear
dalehileman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 01:04 pm
@dalehileman,
C'mon fellas, it's very controversial
Kolyo

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@dalehileman,
It depends what you mean by treatment. Based on personal experience, I have found the best way to treat someone with Asperger Syndrome is to put them in a caring environment full of nice, nurturing, trustworthy people. The worst way to treat someone with the disorder is to put them in environments which highlight their idiosyncrasies in a negative way.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 03:12 pm
@Kolyo,
I suppose Kolyo early intervention detects idiosyncrasy and treats it in a caring environment. Teach would be trained to recognize the condition, trained pros to treat, while the school becomes the caring environment

Why would you suppose I might mean to "highlight their idiosyncrasies in a negative way"
Kolyo

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 05:39 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Why would you suppose I might mean to "highlight their idiosyncrasies in a negative way"

I don't suppose you meant that at all. Yet that is the default "treatment" that autistic boys have to deal with today.

When you put a 6 year-old boy with autism in a group of 6 year-old boys without it, it doesn't take that long before the other boys let him know he's very different from the rest of them and that that is not at all a good thing.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 06:19 pm
@Kolyo,
Yes of course I'd leave all that sort of stuff to the experts. My point is merely that contrasted with legislative means to combat terrorism of this sort the kids' mental health ought to be dealt with earlier and that school seems the only practical domain
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 27 May, 2022 02:39 pm
@dalehileman,
Nope.

The guy was into videogames and from reading I believe he studied computer science ( not sure ).

His mother was a divorcee, his father wished he could kill him.

That being said their is a really nice video of him doing Dance Dance Revolution on youtube. Showing you he was normal.

He needed poon, tight, clean, soft, hard, fresh poon, or a real girl who keeps herself in check and maintained. All men are alphas and when you eliminate the oldest men your left with an alpha who is unable to function and in constant friction with a woman standing out of line.

Point being like most terrible family members they push their children into the military "because they think uncle sam will straighten ( fix ) them out. The truth is the parents are too cheap and too lazy to put in the effort.

This is why Biff ( from "Back to the Future" ) is the norm. An big strong guy who lives with a little old woman.
0 Replies