Favorite Movie Themes

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:45 am
@Paaskynen,
The terminal theme for "Ghost and the Darkness" a film based upon the stuffed lions that reside in Chicago's FIELD MUSEUM , and what they did to get stuffed and mounted.

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:54 am
@farmerman,
I didnt post the theme for the TV version of Fargo. Here tis

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 10:58 am
@farmerman,
The final theme from WAKING NED DEVINE, onamy favorite drinking songs

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I've been looking for a great theme from a lousy movie, but can't find any.

They must exist though.
The closest I can think of is "Platoon". The movie itself was not memorable at all to me but the music, especially Barber's 'Adagio For Strings' was so moving that I bought the soundtrack album. I was so pissed that the CD was literally the soundtrack, dialog, sound effects, everything overlaid on the music. Is that normal? I never bought another after that.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 03:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Personally, not a fan of the Morricone spaghetti western themes, but love Wagner, as all neo-nazis must." (referring to Gungasnake.)

A severely negative comment, even for A2K, more appropriate to the waning days of Abuzz. Yeah, the Nazis loved Wagner, but his music transcends the mundane and is, therefore, divine. And gungasnake may be a fundamentalist, but he's not a nazi.

Yes, the nazis played Wagner in the death camps, and those who survived, of course, despise Wagner. I recall a story about a foreign conductor going to Israel and leading a concert that included a piece by Wagner. A member of the audience stood up--a survivor of one of the death camps--and shouted, "You will not play Wagner!" Well, they did play Wagner, because the music transcends everything negative associated with it.
layman

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:39 pm
She caught the Katy:

farmerman

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 05:07 pm
@layman,
Luigi Boccherini's piece "Night Music in the STreets of Madrid" is the end theme of one of my all time favorite movies. See'f anyone can catch it
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 04:01 pm
Just finished watching, "Battleship Potemkin," the Eisenstein production done in 1925. It's a silent film with accompanying music from three of Shostakovich's symphonies, the 5th, the 8th, and another I didn't recognize. Apparently different versions use different music. I liked this one, very dramatic, the victory ending with the conclusion of the 5th.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 08:45 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

"Personally, not a fan of the Morricone spaghetti western themes, but love Wagner, as all neo-nazis must." (referring to Gungasnake.)

A severely negative comment, even for A2K, more appropriate to the waning days of Abuzz. Yeah, the Nazis loved Wagner, but his music transcends the mundane and is, therefore, divine. And gungasnake may be a fundamentalist, but he's not a nazi.

Yes, the nazis played Wagner in the death camps, and those who survived, of course, despise Wagner. I recall a story about a foreign conductor going to Israel and leading a concert that included a piece by Wagner. A member of the audience stood up--a survivor of one of the death camps--and shouted, "You will not play Wagner!" Well, they did play Wagner, because the music transcends everything negative associated with it.

Wow...Are you off the mark!

How you arrived at the conclusion that my reference to neo-nazis was a reference to Gunga is beyond me.

Even allowing for your inability to detect sarcasm my comment clearly referred to me: (I) love Wagner as all neo-nazis must.

(Please understand that I do not truly consider myself [or Gunga for that matter] a neo-nazi --- this last bit added only because it would be a shame to see you further confused.)
coluber2001

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 09:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sorry! One of these days I'm going to learn how to read. I'm only 72; there still is time.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2015 01:02 pm
@coluber2001,
No problem

Your rebuke was quite mild by A2K standards.

0 Replies

hemant12

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 03:48 am
Most i like to watch bollywood movies. and love their theme also. Thank you.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 05:33 am
@hemant12,
Started watching a Bollywood movie last night (Bang Bang). I lasted 2 minutes. The problem wasn't the subtitles, some of my favorites have been subtitled foreign films.

"The Intouchables" was great btw.
0 Replies